Craig Anderson to retire [Update: Signed to Buffalo]

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I can’t believe that Buffalo and the Coyotes are going to go with their current goaltending duos. It has to be the two worst pair I have ever seen on an NHL team. I guess if your going to tank may as well do it professionally. The next two drafts are when you want to tank.

Reactions: amethyst and abo9

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I can’t believe that Buffalo and the Coyotes are going to go with their current goaltending duos. It has to be the two worst pair I have ever seen on an NHL team. I guess if your going to tank may as well do it professionally. The next two drafts are when you want to tank.

Same teams that tanked hard in 2015 to get McDavid/Eichel are now going to do it in 2022 and 2023 for Wright and Bedard.

Reactions: Sens

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
So this is where he’ll go to die?? Yeeesh.
Live by the sword, die by the sword...

uhOIryqB.jpg

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

I give a big thumbs up to Bill Armstrong, at least. He's doing it exactly the correct way: owning 1/6 of the entire 2nd round in the quest for unprecedented tanking glory.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He’s 4-1 with a 1.76 goals-against average and a .939 save percentage.

Chose not to retire and instead crush it. Great pro.

Yeah he's weird. He's a mostly average goalie, who has Vezina/hart worthy hot streaks in his career when he chooses to. Doesn't surprise me. Good for him

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Yeah he's weird. He's a mostly average goalie, who has Vezina/hart worthy hot streaks in his career when he chooses to. Doesn't surprise me. Good for him
Based on his play with the Avs, I don't even know that I'd say he's just average. He's a good goalie who's played for bad teams almost exclusively.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
When tank moves backfire.

If the Sabres were tanking they'd have kept Dell, who was miserable in camp and preseason, up on the NHL roster. Instead, they stuck with Anderson and Tokarski, both of whom have been playing quite well. And in Tokarski's case, since last season.

But I'm sure you just wanted to drop a tank dig and move on so you don't care. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad