Craig Anderson to retire [Update: Signed to Buffalo]

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
tenor.gif

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Not only does Anderson get to stay in the league, have to figure with Dell as the other goalie, he'll be a starter as well. Buffalo taking a page out of Ottawa's book. Ottawa kept Anderson a couple years longer than they otherwise would have because Anderson at this stage of his career is a great tank starter. I feel like Anderson deserves more dignity than this, but maybe he's just happy to get one more season, he'll take the rough assignment to do it.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Not a bad gambit. If the team is putrid (likely) he may be able to swing a trade to a contender if one is in need of a goalie at the TDL.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
What a strange, mixed bag Craig Anderson's goaltending has been.
Now, note that my opinion is biased as I dislike anyone bald without illness-related reasons (as well as facial hair on a male, a calamity) but I can never forgive Bryan Murray for trading away Brian Elliott in a lost season that would have given us Gabe Landeskog as a prize.
Anderson played well enough, in spurts, but rarely made that "big save" to bring us to the next level. And then there were the yearly weeks off in January, and his occasional tantrums when allowing bad goals. I remember one game in Colorado where he essentially pulled himself.
Then there were moments of brilliance like that 0-0 regulation tie vs. James Reimer and Toronto.

Good luck, Craig Anderson. You are big and bald but you shall never be Alex Auld.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Anderson and Hinostroza could help turn things around for this Buffalo program. It wasn't more than a couple years ago when the Sabres were looking solid at times, and in the mix for a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad