Pre-Game Talk: Crabbitals at Leafs - The New Leaf Rises?

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Blue and White

Oct 4, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Going to this game. I'm really hoping that the Capitals decide not to wake up from their early season futility.They'll be motivated to get out of this slump they're in. We can't take them lightly. Hopefully we can build on the momentum gained on last night's thrilling win and keep our foot on the gas though.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sitting in the Platinum's for the 1st time since the '99 Playoffs. Curious to see how big a difference there is in atmosphere from my normal Purples.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Thought Neuf on Ovie was a hard fought battle before? Neuf will be a beast on Ovie under Carylyle's true defensive system. Caps are going to get creamed.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Caps have been pretty abysmal this year. This is a team for the taking, hopefully the Leafs don't mess it up (but of course, it's the Leafs..).

Looking forward to more solid goaltending from Reimer and hopefully Kessel can pot a goal. Does anybody know how many goals he's scored since Carlyle came?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I hate these teams. You know the teams that can't win, all of sudden they play the leafs and they are off to Stanly Cup finals.

Everyone brings their A game against Leafs and I expect no less from Ovi.

Why do I have a bad feeling about tomorrow?

JMcLeaf

Caps have been pretty abysmal this year. This is a team for the taking, hopefully the Leafs don't mess it up (but of course, it's the Leafs..).

Looking forward to more solid goaltending from Reimer and hopefully Kessel can pot a goal. Does anybody know how many goals he's scored since Carlyle came?

5g in 24 games

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
5g in 24 games

Yikes....

I'll excuse last year, because let's be honest, the whole team sucked monkey balls in that final stretch at the end of year. You can't just forget 4 years of crap coaching and flip the switch to learn a different system right away, that **** takes time. I hope we see him on the scoreboard soon though, we can't have Kadri and Grabovski carrying our offense forever.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Yikes....

I'll excuse last year, because let's be honest, the whole team sucked monkey balls in that final stretch at the end of year. You can't just forget 4 years of crap coaching and flip the switch to learn a different system right away, that **** takes time. I hope we see him on the scoreboard soon though, we can't have Kadri and Grabovski carrying our offense forever.

Should be soon, when do we play Ottawa? :sarcasm: :D

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
WSH vs TOR January 31st Pregame

Washington Capitals (1-4-1) at Toronto Maple Leafs (3-3-0)

Arena: Air Canada Centre

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM

TV: Rogers Sportsnet Radio: Fan 590

Last Season: (1-3-0)

http://www.wewantacup.com/headlines/1219-wsh-vs-tor-january-31st-pregame

caps.jpg

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I think this will be Kessel's breakout game . . . the Caps defence is in disarray for whatever reason. The Leafs with a day's rest will stick to their good defensive system and keep them to a goal or two, I think.

I don't have a bad feeling at all about this game, quite the opposite . . . but it's been a tough year so far to predict anything with regularity.

Good defence makes everything different . . . and the Leafers will play with real desperation for that first 10 minutes to get a lead, I know it. 0-3 at home is not sitting well, they will be super-pumped.

I smell a big win.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
If we can keep ovie/backstrom off their game tomorrow, it should be an easy win for us. The caps are just not doing well this season, nobody on that team is even trying to step up and motivate.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Leafs undefeated against all states and provinces in NA except New York :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad