Pre-Game Talk: Crabbitals at Leafs - The New Leaf Rises?

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I have a bad feeling about this game. Over the past few years there's been no cure for slumps and cold streaks of all kinds like playing the Leafs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wouldn't be surprised if they win the next 3 in a row.

satyr9

Sep 20, 2009
"We dont' have anyone else better so Dion is the best option"
"Well how do we get better players?"
"No we can't trade him - he's the best we got"
"But you literally just said he's only good by default ... nevermind"

I know where all this is coming from, but in the context of my point for tonight's game, I don't see the relation. For tonight, is there a current Leafs defender you'd rather have on RD lined up against Ovy? I only said what I did to say that moving him to RD tonight won't be about crappiness, it'll be 'cause Carlyle trusts him more than others to guard Ovy. That's not a rousing endorsement of Phaneuf either, just the current state of the roster.

As for the rest, "best option" and "good by default" are not the same things, so you're syllogism lacks. I'm a minor Dion hater, though obviously not up to your standards. I certainly don't think he's worth 6.5 and I'd be fine if he were shipped out, but if you think you can trade Phaneuf for a better D-man, I'm more than happy to say pull the trigger to you, Nonis, or whatever magician gets that done.

If this is just, the Leafs suck, Dion sucks, give it all away for tank nation, then while you're entitled to your opinion, I can only say you should prepare to be disappointed.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
If Phaneuf sucks tonight, that's it, trade his fat ass on outta here!

Strip him of the C, while Elisha Cuthbert strips so we can see!

Oh, that last part, uhh...meant to say...Go Leafs Go!

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
you seen that aswell eh!!!,players sniped 5-6 goals top shelf benny boy was pissed slamming his stick and **** like that

Yup. Looked like Swiss cheese out there. Everything top shelf went in. And almost every 5 hole shot went in as well...

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Any ideas on the lines and pairings?

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
McClement-Grabovski-Kulemin
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin
Hamilton-Steckel-Orr

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Liles-Franson
Fraser-Kostka

Reimer

Just my guess

Although we'll prob see Kostka with Phaneuf, Gunnarson/Liles, Fraser/Franson

Penalty Kill Icing*

Tonight's GDT is open for anyone. The Brewminster missed his last GDT as well, and he has given no indication that he'll work on it today as well. Blacklisted for this season now.

So, feel free to make a GDT. Just put some effort into it. Thats all.

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
i am going to eat pizza while i watch this game!

nbjNn.gif

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I know where all this is coming from, but in the context of my point for tonight's game, I don't see the relation. For tonight, is there a current Leafs defender you'd rather have on RD lined up against Ovy? I only said what I did to say that moving him to RD tonight won't be about crappiness, it'll be 'cause Carlyle trusts him more than others to guard Ovy. That's not a rousing endorsement of Phaneuf either, just the current state of the roster.

As for the rest, "best option" and "good by default" are not the same things, so you're syllogism lacks. I'm a minor Dion hater, though obviously not up to your standards. I certainly don't think he's worth 6.5 and I'd be fine if he were shipped out, but if you think you can trade Phaneuf for a better D-man, I'm more than happy to say pull the trigger to you, Nonis, or whatever magician gets that done.

If this is just, the Leafs suck, Dion sucks, give it all away for tank nation, then while you're entitled to your opinion, I can only say you should prepare to be disappointed.

I agree. I don't hate Dion, but if you can get someone better do it. Until then I'm happy with him.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
"We dont' have anyone else better so Dion is the best option"
"Well how do we get better players?"
"No we can't trade him - he's the best we got"
"But you literally just said he's only good by default ... nevermind"

Ah yes, if only we could trade Phaneuf for a better defensemen. I'm sure there are teams lined up to give you a better player for your worse one.

Until that day comes or Rielly/Gardiner/some unknown defenseman is ready to take over, Phaneuf is as good as untouchable. Flawed as he may be, without him, our defense is even more of the enormous laughingstock it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->