GDT: Coyotes vs. Avs | 7 PM | Feb 28 | Zzz...

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Only thing I can think of is they wanted to cut down on shots from the slot and are trying to force them to play from the corner, in a stuff it to the net sort of chance, similar to what Duchene kept doing at the start of the year. Varly probably knows that is what is supposed to be coming and to be strong on the post. Hejda is supposed to then bust down and stop him from walking across. Still doesn't make much sense.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Because of the low scoring? There doesn't have to be scoring to make things exciting. I'll agree the second dragged a bit but the first was great. Fast skating, lots of scoring chances. I don't need to see four goals to make it a great period.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Because of the low scoring? There doesn't have to be scoring to make things exciting. I'll agree the second dragged a bit but the first was great. Fast skating, lots of scoring chances. I don't need to see four goals to make it a great period.

Agree with this 100%

Last nights game was exciting imo. The third was obviously the best part, but I didn't have a problem with the 1st two periods at all.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Agree with this 100%

Last nights game was exciting imo. The third was obviously the best part, but I didn't have a problem with the 1st two periods at all.

I agree ... it's funny coming to read these threads totally after the fact. zzzzz? not at all.
Of course, in person is always better than on tv...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Still no vid of Varly throwing his mask?

Yea I want to see that again too. He didn't throw his mask though, he took it off, yelled at the ref that his strap was broke, then put it back on and made a sick glove save. Then took it off again after the whistle to yell at the ref, and threw the puck at the boards instead of giving it to the linesmen.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
He threw the puck not the mask:
ibgEFnpMaShfyq.gif

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Can anyone explain why Avs switched to pushing their defenders up with their sticks in the slot on the PK? They did it every single time, leaving players free down low. It's not Hejda freelancing. He clearly must have been instructed to play that way.

It looks insane and the result was two goals against.

My guess is it has something to do with the coaches perceiving we were too relaxed during practice on the PK. As we all know, the coaches love that tic tac toe shot from the slot and the Avs PK could never defend that play properly.

Meanwhile the real problem is that we constantly leave the backdoor wide open on the PK and can't defend the pass to these players. Last night was a bit lucky for the Coyotes, since their one goal bounced back perfectly off the post for a tap in. But still... our PK plays a little too passively for my taste.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad