GDT: Coyotes vs. Avs | 7 PM | Feb 28 | Zzz...

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I think that speaks volumes about what is wrong with the Oilers right now.

If you have a scout dumb enough to think a guy who at 21 is already 24th in NHL could only be a 3rd liner while bringing good two way and physical play....what does that say? It was not like Landeskog was just some obscure prospect. He was the second overall pick.

But no, the Oilers head scout only thought he'd be a 3rd liner :laugh:

He wasn't the only one though who did not see that elite hockey skill in Landy.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Our 1st and anyone in Lake Erie is probably all we have to work with on the trade front. Don't think Roy is considering PAP an option anymore.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Everyone says that Drouin is the smartest player in the draft, but damn MacKinnon can match him I for Q.

Mackinnon's hockey IQ has to be the most underrated part of his game.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
when I look at stazz celebrating and smiling like that I get hope he wants to stay. Our team is so different with an actual coach. Joe Sacco was the worse thing to happen to this team

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Everyone says that Drouin is the smartest player in the draft, but damn MacKinnon can match him I for Q.

Didn't like Drouin's "IQ" at the WJC. Seemed like he was trying to do way too much by himself.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Not sure if I'd say it's on par with Drouin, too early to tell because we haven't seen him in the NHL, but it's definitely one of the most underrated parts of Nate's game. Especially considering some thought it was a weak point for him, and he only knew how to play one way.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Mackinnon has pretty crazy vision too. One game looks like the next Stamkos, very next night looks like he could be an elite playmaker in this league.

Landeskog and Mac have pretty good chemistry and mesh together too. Hope we keep them together for the next 10 years. Esp once Mac's defensive game starts to develop.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
wgxero.gif

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
when I look at stazz celebrating and smiling like that I get hope he wants to stay. Our team is so different with an actual coach. Joe Sacco was the worse thing to happen to this team

Well he gave us Lando and Mac without ruining the rest completely (except for Hedgie).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mackinnon has pretty crazy vision too. One game looks like the next Stamkos, very next night looks like he could be an elite playmaker in this league.

Landeskog and Mac have pretty good chemistry and mesh together too. Hope we keep them together for the next 10 years. Esp once Mac's defensive game starts to develop.

Definitely. I always had a feeling they'd mesh really well together. They just seem to approach the game from a physicality/skill combo the same way. Both heads up players that fight for pucks.

A bit surprised they can read off each other as opposite wingers though.

Bet they'd make a great line with O'Reilly in the middle too. If they let Staz walk, I hope they go with this trio next year, and find Dutchy another winger.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bet they'd make a great line with O'Reilly in the middle too. If they let Staz walk, I hope they go with this trio next year, and find Dutchy another winger.

No thanks.

MacKinnon is a center and should remain there.

O'Reilly-Duchene
Landeskog-MacKinnon

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No thanks.

MacKinnon is a center and should remain there.

O'Reilly-Duchene
Landeskog-MacKinnon

I would tend to agree but his best games this year have been on the wing. He could be a great fit there, and O'Reilly's two way presence as the 2nd line center would do a lot to replace what would be lost with Stastny leaving.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Until Drouin starts playing in NHL games, it's Nate's hockey IQ that should be the bar they are measured by... not the other way around.

Well I guess if you have to compare the two. My point was it's too early to do so, since we haven't seen Drouin's IQ on display in the NHL. When he does get there, he'll have a fairly high bar to reach with Nate though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

It might be the most underrated part of his game( I don't really think so) but in terms of offensive IQ Drouin is a step ahead it was obvious in the small amount of games I've seen them both play.

if drouin is that much smarter hes gonna be special

Well no DUH:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad