Confirmed with Link: Coyotes to host Town Hall Meeting Sept. 23rd

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I am getting hyped up though about all the higher standard talk. It's clear Chayka and Barroway are 100% on the same page that we had a country club atmosphere before. Very happy to have turned the page. Nice to know I wasnt imagining the listlessness and lethargy. Confirmed.

Not to bring up he who must not be named lest the entire conversation get derailed for 8 pages, but I feel like we've almost always had that kind of vibe, even pre hwmnbnltecgdf8p, into the Gretzky years, and even before that really.
Why does everyone **** on Louis Domingue? Am I the only Domingue fan out there?
Nah, I'm not sold on him either way. He had a pretty solid year, and a crappy year. Sink or swim time soon though.
Barroway said he wats to win now. F*** that. I still want the rebuild to continue, but that ain't happening any more.
Eh, it's time to start improving for sure. At some point you have to stop stockpiling and start improving. It's hard to jump from bottom 3 to playoffs in one year.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
I don't think Barroway is dumb enough to think you can turn a basement dweller into a cup contender in one off season. I take him saying this as more like "we're done trying to stockpile assets for the future." We've made some moves to bring in vets for young guys but not excessively so. It's not like we've thrown away the farm and several high round draft picks for a veteran team.

My biggest fear is they rush Strome this year. I hope to God that doesn't happen.

Him, Keller and Fischer need a year together in the AHL. I don't care how great Strome looks, I do not want his development to be f***ed with. It started with Crouse last year, let's end it there.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Given that we got exclusively futures (a nice pile of them at that) for Stone, Hanzal, and Smith helps take the sting off of losing 7th overall and DeAngelo. I'm not even going to add Murphy and Hjalmarsson to the equation. That's a hockey trade. We wanted a leadership overhaul and you have to pay for those. Our youngsters need quality leaders that can demonstrate winning behaviors. That doesn't come for free. I can live with losing the 7th pick given the pile of picks we got for other vets recently. Getting Demers helps take the sting off losing DeAngelo because we got him for a player I'd have traded picks away just to be rid of. Smith is addition by subtraction and Raanta is as good a gamble on a goalie as exists in this league. Dvorak and Strome need shelter and Domi and Duclair need a center. In my mind Stepan is worth it. At this point, I don't regret any of it.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
My gut says we will have a top ten pick this year, a draft where thr top ten players all look around the quality of the top 5 in last years draft. If there was one year to move a 7 OA it was last year, especially because the trade happened before the draft which makes me think Chyaka knew his guys would be gone. Unless everything goes right this season we will be adding a very nice piece this draft. Love everything that's happened thisnoffseason. DeAngelo stung, but we all know their are some risks with him that wont be our concern now.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I didn't like the Goligoski signing (thought we should have gone after Yandle) and I still wouldn't have traded DeAngelo but I like just about everything else so far. I realize I'm never going to like everything they do so I'm definitely happy with the direction they're going. Fischer, Keller, Crouse and Merkley look great so far so we have to feel good about the talent coming. Now if we could just figure out how to stream preseason games...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't think Barroway is dumb enough to think you can turn a basement dweller into a cup contender in one off season. I take him saying this as more like "we're done trying to stockpile assets for the future." We've made some moves to bring in vets for young guys but not excessively so. It's not like we've thrown away the farm and several high round draft picks for a veteran team.

No? A 7th overall is almost a sure bet to turn into a decent NHLer. They also gave up another established, young NHL player (Murphy) and the top defense prospect (DeAngelo) for an aging vet and one in his prime. If that's not plundering the farm then I don't know. And I'm not so sure the draft really was such a weak one. Particularly in terms of scoring wingers. I don't remember to have ever seen that many have such an impact during preseason right after the draft. I wouldn't even know where to start. Many of them were really really good.

In other words...it's gotta be what Barroway says...win now. If they're not at least close from making the playoffs then those moves will look extremely stupid and weren't worth it. Team has no improve and become a serious contender within the next few years. Otherwise, the people responsible for messing up the rebuild will have to go. As simple as that.

Now it's about finding the right pieces to complement the roster. The special teams nid help in particular. They need a righty scoring winger and 2 or 3 PK guys. Not good news for Keller and Strome but certainly for Kempe who looked good on both PP and PK. Special teams are key for team success. Especially if the league intends to stick with what they're doing now in terms of slashing and faceoffs.

I can only repeat myself here...if this team is to go anywhere, then its bottom six players have to play valuable PK minutes and do a good job. It's not gonna work if the top guys have to do it themselves because the bottom six includes some stupid nonsense players like last season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I suspect we'll Finnish bottom 10 but I believe we have EARNED some goddamned lottery luck. So many heart breaking losses. One after another after another after another. Ridiculous. We deserve to move up like Philly did last year. I don't even care about pick number one. I just want pick two. I want Svechnikov. Give us a 6'3 electric goal scoring star. We need that.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I suspect we'll Finnish bottom 10 but I believe we have EARNED some goddamned lottery luck. So many heart breaking losses. One after another after another after another. Ridiculous. We deserve to move up like Philly did last year. I don't even care about pick number one. I just want pick two. I want Svechnikov. Give us a 6'3 electric goal scoring star. We need that.

How about not throwing away the 7th overall and going after Owen Tippett?:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad