Prospect Info: Coyotes @ The WJC 2020

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If that's what they used to call a shoulder separation that was going to be my guess.
Technically it is a partial separation whereas a disclocation is a complete separation.

Still no official word. In the roster thread it was mentioned it is a sprained wrist?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I think Hayton will hear about the helmet for the next decade.
From whom? Hockey twitter isn't real life, and he was drafted by the Arizona Coyotes, not Traktor Chelyabinsk.
With what's happened to Jenik and now Hayton I'd guess Chayka will do everything to make sure Soderstrom isn't playing in the WJC next year.
Unlucky injuries are unlucky. Unless Hayton's injury takes a real turn for the worse and proves fatal, this was still a good experience. For him, and in turn for us. Hopefully Soderstrom is so good he forces himself into the lineup in Glendale next season. If he doesn't, no serious qualms about him taking a month off from Tucson to be captain / 1D at the WJC.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
From whom? Hockey twitter isn't real life, and he was drafted by the Arizona Coyotes, not Traktor Chelyabinsk.
Unlucky injuries are unlucky. Unless Hayton's injury takes a real turn for the worse and proves fatal, this was still a good experience. For him, and in turn for us. Hopefully Soderstrom is so good he forces himself into the lineup in Glendale next season. If he doesn't, no serious qualms about him taking a month off from Tucson to be captain / 1D at the WJC.
His teammates. This will be a constant rib for the next few years. You don’t think opposing forwards aren’t going to mention this on the ice? Christ if I was playing against him and wanted him to drop the gloves all I would be chirping would be how that helmet is crazy glued to his hair/head. Lots of hair gel jokes given his current mop.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
These tournaments always display an interesting psychological phenomenon of the 3rd pace team celebrating while the 2nd place team sulks.

Reactions: _Del_

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
When IIHF reffing standards fully arrive in the NHL I'm done as a fan. I have no idea why a player letting his stick go when trapped becomes a penalty and I have seen it called in both games today. Checking will be gone totally as its not worth the risk of accidentally hitting head.

Reactions: ck26

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Apparently Hayton was in a sling prior to the game. At the period intermission he was not in the locker room in the picture TSN showed - getting treatment?

He is on the ice in the 2nd.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Apparently Hayton was in a sling prior to the game. At the period intermission he was not in the locker room in the picture TSN showed - getting treatment?

He is on the ice in the 2nd.
He walked in without a sling?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hayton got called for one of the most absurd penalties I've ever seen and the Russians scored on the subsequent PP.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Russian player just tried to remove Hayton's helmet (with his head still in it), and it's not yet time to play anthems.

Reactions: ck26

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I hope I'm misremembering but have the Coyote's had a shooter in a decade??

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Can't believe how passive RUS goalie was on 4:3. Momentum is real. It's like he was cowering from the loose puck.

Edit: video of Tretiak shaking his head indisgust is worth the price of this morning's bar tab.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Vrbata kinda?
That goal was no grease, all sauce.
I seem to remember Vrbata refusing to shoot a lot?? But again might be misremembering?? Hayton in this tournament has a great shot and loves to fly it every chance he gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad