Prospect Info: Coyotes @ The WJC 2020

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Guessing a broken collarbone for Hayton.

Honestly, that may not be as bad. Hopefully, there was nothing like a labrum tear or anything that requires extensive rehab. I would be more worried about that.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Hopefully Haytons injury isn't serious, not only for a quick return but so he doesn't miss time training. He needs to put in some muscle to play in the top 6 next year.

And regarding holding players out if the WJC, how do we know Hayton wouldn't have gotten hurt in the NHL playing against stronger competition?

Reactions: MIG

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
Hopefully Haytons injury isn't serious, not only for a quick return but so he doesn't miss time training. He needs to put in some muscle to play in the top 6 next year.

And regarding holding players out if the WJC, how do we know Hayton wouldn't have gotten hurt in the NHL playing against stronger competition?

Because he'd be a healthy scratch 4 of 5 games with the Yotes.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Guessing a broken collarbone for Hayton.

I think you're right on with this one. Broken collarbone that will take time but shouldn't have any significant long-term damage. Freak injuries happen, just as this one played out, but I can't fault the organization for letting him play. He wasn't doing anything aside from attending practices and meetings.

Up until he got hurt, this tournament had nothing but positive projections for his return to our lineup.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Well my fellow Canadians will still blame Hayton.
? I am a fellow Cdn.

I should point out the criticisms basically disappeared since he has been leading the team in scoring. Not like with Strome when a certain group of fans blamed him for everything wrong and he only scored in blowout wins unlike other key players on the team.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
? I am a fellow Cdn.

I should point out the criticisms basically disappeared since he has been leading the team in scoring. Not like with Strome when a certain group of fans blamed him for everything wrong and he only scored in blowout wins unlike other key players on the team.
I was just having fun with the whole Hayton criticism from the previous Russia game.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I hope he doesn't play injured. Can be dreadful for the team and hinder his recovery.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Not great news, but not bad news. Looking at the situation solely as a Coyotes fan it's good news. That sounds like he'll be able to play for us within a couple of weeks.

But not good news for him or Canada. Would be heartbreaking for him to not be able to play in the final.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It will be forgotten like yesterday's news. It might come up now and then if and when he faces the Russians in international play but that's about it.

Reactions: MIG

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Honestly, when I first saw it, I immediately flashed back to Doan in the 2010 playoffs. I thought Doan had a grade 3 shoulder separation, so hopefully this is not quite as bad as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad