Prospect Info: Coyotes @ The WJC 2020

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Does anyone know if we loaned Team Canada Hayton?

Not yet but I suspect dealing Comrie opened that up as a possibility. That way they can carry a guy like Chaput in case someone gets injured.

Bahl, Soderstrom, Jenik, Savunov should all be there. Maccelli should be a lock and Finland must be strong if they can keep Raty off the roster.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Victor Söderström is NOT on Team Swedens preliminary roster. 2 spots are still open. In a quote from Aftonbladet he says he's disappointed and that WJC was a major reason as to why he opted on returning to SHL for this season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Of all PLAYERS (not just D) under the age of 20 in the SHL, Soderstrom is tied for 6th in scoring.

Among D he’s 2nd. And he’s only played 13 games. The guy ahead of him has played 22.

Soderstrom has 7 points in 13 games. 2g and 5a. Filip Broberg who was taken 8h overall has 2 points (no goals) in 22 games.

Beoberg’s team has scored 62 goals in 22 games and is in 7th place. Soderberg’s team has scored 49 goals and is in 10th place.Three leading scorers in Beobergs team have 20pts, 20pts and 15pts. On Soderstrom’s team they have 15, 13 and 10.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This is surprising and really disappointing.
He’s known for his smart defensive play and yet he’s ripping it up offensively in Sweden’s top men’s league. He’s also a right handed shot.

What possible reason could there be for this? Apart from his having missed the camp? Or is that it?

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
What possible reason could there be for this? Apart from his having missed the camp? Or is that it?
It might be part of the reason. I also think Montén prefers players and pairings that has done well previous tournaments, regardless of where their skill-level is at.

Last edited:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Victor Söderström is NOT on Team Swedens preliminary roster. 2 spots are still open. In a quote from Aftonbladet he says he's disappointed and that WJC was a major reason as to why he opted on returning to SHL for this season.

Reporters seems to only ask about this in the interview there. Why why why. :laugh:. 73% says he should have been with the roster in the unscientfical poll on the site.

Some people speculate they don't get both of Sandin and Boquist. Don't like it if he is complaining to the reporters though, but personally I think you don't know what he actually says to those reporters.

Reactions: ck26

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
I know there will be no UK in this tourny. But what do you think: If Kirk had been from a nation making it, would he have made it?

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Reporters seems to only ask about this in the interview there. Why why why. :laugh:.
Haha. Didn't watch the vid at first, that's pretty funny.
I know there will be no UK in this tourny. But what do you think: If Kirk had been from a nation making it, would he have made it?
No doubt, he has even played for the UK men's national team for two years now.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think it was McKenzie who said recently that Soderstrom is not expected to make Team Sweden.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
(Would Kirk have made it to juniors if he was from a team who made it)

No doubt, he has even played for the UK men's national team for two years now.

Well, GB is not a good team. I was thinking, if he had been from one of the nations who makes it, not if GB was making it. Would that be depending on the nation, as in if he was a Czech, or with generaly most of them, or not at all.

(Edit: Kazakhstan and Germany. Well, he should have made it with those countries. Doesn't count. :naughty:)

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Probably pissed of the coach being injured every time the national team called on him, bad luck. I dont think its such a big deal if he misses out anyways, he has only played 13 games so far this season, getting a few more senior games instead is completely fine!

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Just for your interest, a journalist in sweden claims Soderstrom basicly told him he was not interested in getting the "reserve" roster spots if it would come down to that at the last minute.

Soderstrom stated that he looks forward to playing for Brynas during the same time period, Brynas is playing a derby, their other biggest rival and then the christmas day game at home, every game will be sold out and fun to play.

Other sources claim the swedish coach is not impressed with Soderstroms game at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ck26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->