Rumor: Coyotes set high price for Ekman-Larsson, shopping Hjalmarsson

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Depending on the definition of "top players" I could see that return but I don't see 2 first line players and a 1st coming.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Very much in favor of moving the Hammer. Get a top line D who actually shoots right handed please.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Can you blame anyone for wanting out of a place where they can barely meet payroll, have no set future, haven't played a meaningful game in several seasons, and worse seem to have no plan other than to see which 4th liner has hidden first line potential?
I sure don't.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
:naughty:

If you were OEL would you not want to see if pastures are greener somewhere / anywhere else?
At his age yes. I remember jumping ship from one company to the next thinking the grass was greener. Problem was it wasn't. You missed the people, the city, the life outside work. Yeah you eventually adjusted but you look back at those early years of your career fondly.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
To be clear, I didn't mean a top line RD for Hammer.

Move Hammer. Make another deal for the 1RD.
We have zero assets to pick up a one D, and noone is selling one. We spent our wad on Raanta and Stepan.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The way the OEL asking price rumor sounds, it sounds more like people called the Coyotes and Chayka gave them the trade board price :laugh:

Hjalmarsson being "shopped" is interesting. I had always suspected they might flip him at some point regardless of how this season went.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Dougie Hamilton for the RD?

The article itself links Toronto, Philly, and the Devils to OEL.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'd only trade OEL if he asked to be traded. At some point we have to keep talented players. We can't just keep trading them away in a perpetual rebuild. I think this past offseason's trades are looking to be completely useless so you might as well dump everyone we picked up especially if Raanta won't sign a reasonable contract. Our GM's only really good moves are when he eats salary. He has a shit ton to prove. Not feeling good about his ability to build this roster into anything better than dreadful.

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I still think the off season moves were good (on paper). For some reason it did not work out. Maybe his worst move was the coaching decision?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I still think the off season moves were good (on paper). For some reason it did not work out. Maybe his worst move was the coaching decision?
I agree. When you have no money we had to go dumpster diving. First the players, now the coach. GM probably next. There were rumbling that AB can't make payroll in January. We need a new owner like the Hurricanes have.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dougie Hamilton for the RD?

The article itself links Toronto, Philly, and the Devils to OEL.

Let's map it out.

Flyers - core pieces would be Patrick and a young D ( Provorov?). I suspect if these guys are somehow included that we may have to toss Strome in.

Devils - zacha is the C. Who else?

Tor - one of Marner's or Nylander and Conner Brown? Likely would indicate we are drafting a D with our first rounder.

Cgy - I already commented on Hamilton +.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd want Liljegren in place of Connor Brown. Give me Nylander over Marner because he can be a center.

Does a Philly deal include Phoenix's own Sean Couturier? Has he finally reached his potential or would Philly be selling high?

Funny, just the other day I was thinking maybe they held off on naming OEL captain because this was always a possibility.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
We did have scouts at a Toronto game the other day, didn’t we? They need to make whatever deals happen with flawless execution!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'd want Liljegren in place of Connor Brown. Give me Nylander over Marner because he can be a center.

Does a Philly deal include Phoenix's own Sean Couturier? Has he finally reached his potential or would Philly be selling high?

Funny, just the other day I was thinking maybe they held off on naming OEL captain because this was always a possibility.
With season he's having I can't see Flyers moving Couturier. I think Nylander is a winger. He's unproven at C. He would be the highest end skilled player we've tossed out there. Availability? Viewed as a core piece by Leafs fans. I included Brown because he's a C and I like him and the idea of loading up on C's. He is not a 1C. Liljegren makes sense; especially if we lose all 3 lotteries and reach on Wahlstrem in the draft.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
With season he's having I can't see Flyers moving Couturier. I think Nylander is a winger. He's unproven at C. He would be the highest end skilled player we've tossed out there. Availability? Viewed as a core piece by Leafs fans. I included Brown because he's a C and I like him and the idea of loading up on C's. He is not a 1C. Liljegren makes sense; especially if we lose all 3 lotteries and reach on Wahlstrem in the draft.
I don't think I've ever seen the Leafs play Brown at center. I also don't think the Leafs give up either of Nylander or Brown to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad