Rumor: Coyotes set high price for Ekman-Larsson, shopping Hjalmarsson

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Keep in keep in mind the rise in cap and moving over $10 M in D salary is going to make it Very hard for this organization to make the floor.

Not if you get signed players like Draisaitl in return.

Strome is of natural interest to Edmonton given his close friendship with McDavid.

OEL probably doesn't want to sign long term in Edmonton though...

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Flyers have a few young D who are all about the same level of development eaning in my mind that they lack that true Top guy to lead the charge. I love Provorov and I understand why you feel he may be off limits. Gostibehere and his bigger cap hit?

Oilers are not trading Draisaitl. Nuge sure but not Draisaitl.
I would have agreed months ago but this season has been a disaster for the Oilers and Draisaitl might never be worth his contract if he has to play with McDavid to produce. But I think you are correct.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Sergachev is worth more to Tampa on his ELC than OEL in trade. There's no money to sign him either.

None of those guys should be the key return for OEL.

Would probably have to take back Ryan Callahan's deal (3x5.8) or Tyler Johnson (7x5)

Heck, I'd take both if it meant I could pluck some guys from their system.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
And let's also not forget that a better version of OEL is also available and if you are going to sell the farm it will be for the other Swede.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Agreed. Hjarlmarsson as a rental type player I think would be of interest to them.
That's interesting, are you thinking they would flip him again in the near future?? Or in the summer? Wonder if they'd give up a roster player and a prospect like Hajek for the security and experience of Hjarl??

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That's interesting, are you thinking they would flip him again in the near future?? Or in the summer? Wonder if they'd give up a roster player and a prospect like Hajek for the security and experience of Hjarl??
Now you are talking.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
And let's also not forget that a better version of OEL is also available and if you are going to sell the farm it will be for the other Swede.

Karlsson is adamant about hitting the open market, he also has a list that limits his destinations.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You take in any games with him for the Pats yet? He can play but it's hard to tell how that transitions to the NHL for a viewer like me.
Not since he was traded there. Moose Jaw still the team to beat. U in SK?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Karlsson is adamant about hitting the open market, he also has a list that limits his destinations.
I think he is more adamant that he get full value and that can be negotiated right now, unlike OEL.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think he is more adamant that he get full value and that can be negotiated right now, unlike OEL.

You can't know 'full value' until you hit the open market, unless some team hopelessly overpays both in trade and signing him.

OEL seems much more amenable to a solid deal.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You can't know 'full value' until you hit the open market, unless some team hopelessly overpays both in trade and signing him.

OEL seems much more amenable to a solid deal.
I'd be fairly confident he has a number in his mind that equals full value.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Various news sources with dubious credibility have been claiming we've been looking to trade OEL basically the second we drafted him. This looks like more of that same garbage. I don't recall The Score being a reliable source ever. That said, I wouldn't mind renting out Hjalmarsson. It would at least not be a "pants on head idiotic" thing to do. I mean, he's been our best defenseman when he's been healthy, and it's not like the season can get a whole lot worse.

Trading OEL before knowing whether he's willing to sign an extension (which we officially can't know "for certain" before July 1, 2018, we might have a good idea prior to that) would be "pants on head inside out idiotic" though.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
How is Dallas not rumored?

Would Hjarmasson bring back Honka? The Heiskenen for OEL trade iis still appealing too, but is takeb down a couple notches of excitment is we win tbe lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad