Rumor: Coyotes set high price for Ekman-Larsson, shopping Hjalmarsson

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would hold tight this time around. Do we really need to upgrade our 3rd and 4th lines? No. We need to upgrade our top 6, particularly with a 1C, and move a couple of second liners down to the 3rd line. What we need is big, and we won't be able to arrange for a 1C at the TDL as no team in contention wants to make that kind of change.
I agree. We still need more top end talent.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
if the hammer plays the right side he sounds like the perfect partner for fowler. what do the coyotes want?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Funny thing is how great Canadians are. We all love Canadians. They are just a bunch that seems to be mean on hockey comment boards on the internet. Haha. Outside of this extremely specific context, nobody could ever say anything bad about Canadians. Haha.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Funny thing is how great Canadians are. We all love Canadians. They are just a bunch that seems to be mean on hockey comment boards on the internet. Haha. Outside of this extremely specific context, nobody could ever say anything bad about Canadians. Haha.

I work with a bunch of Canadians who are die hard hockey fans, and they had no idea I was a Coyotes fan. It casually came up one day and all they did was shit on the organization. I chimed in with more knowledge on the subject that they could ever imagine (partially due to being a die-hard, partially due to being a member on this site) and now they are Coyotes fans with me. :laugh: Their teams are Colorado and Toronto (a few of them Toronto) but its just funny to see the dynamic of online jabs, to in-person jabs.

Suddenly now they are rooting for the Coyotes to build an arena, and want to catch some games with me, when before they were saying they should move to Quebec. They aren't bad people, a lot of them just see their arenas getting packed and want to see change for the hell of it. Once they realize AZ actually has some knowledgeable fans, their tune changes quickly.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Thanks for the love rt.:thumbu::)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I work with a bunch of Canadians who are die hard hockey fans, and they had no idea I was a Coyotes fan. It casually came up one day and all they did was **** on the organization. I chimed in with more knowledge on the subject that they could ever imagine (partially due to being a die-hard, partially due to being a member on this site) and now they are Coyotes fans with me. :laugh: Their teams are Colorado and Toronto (a few of them Toronto) but its just funny to see the dynamic of online jabs, to in-person jabs.

Suddenly now they are rooting for the Coyotes to build an arena, and want to catch some games with me, when before they were saying they should move to Quebec. They aren't bad people, a lot of them just see their arenas getting packed and want to see change for the hell of it. Once they realize AZ actually has some knowledgeable fans, their tune changes quickly.
Most Canadians browse the internet just like you and I, so their judgement is clouded when discussing the sun belt teams. I must say, they can get quite arrogant at times.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Most Canadians browse the internet just like you and I, so their judgement is clouded when discussing the sun belt teams. I must say, they can get quite arrogant at times.

I never can get too mad at Canadian fans about hockey issues. Even the Winnipeggers who were dropping so much hate on us before Jets 2.0. Hockey is Canada's game. It is their cultural crown jewel, more than baseball stands for Americana. It's totally understandable for them to be uber-possessive of it, even to the point of arrogance. Like @RABBIT says, the best way to defuse them is to show them that you respect the game first and foremost, before any team loyalty. If you do that - especially in person - you more often than not will find you have a friend.

And let's be honest - given how the market has treated the Coyotes over their history in Arizona, how can anyone argue that we have been good custodians of the franchise?

Reactions: RABBIT and Jakey53

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Meh Canadians are nothing special, neither are Americans. There are a handful of saints, a handful of ultra assholes and pretty much everyone else is somewhere in that reasonable middle ground area.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I live in an AZ golf community with many Canadians. Great neighbors, unless you delay their tee time :)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Lots of Canadian snow birds come into my shop. I always talk a little hockey with them as soon as I hear the accent. They are always really cool, but what's there to be mad about when you're retired and wealthy? Any of them that are hockey fans usually feel sorry for our ownership situation and rotten luck in the lottery. They like being able to go to any game cheap though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad