Rumor: Coyotes set high price for Ekman-Larsson, shopping Hjalmarsson

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Liljegren, Brown and multiple picks.

Liljegren for future #1 RD, and Brown because of the Erie Otters connection with Strome, along with multiple picks.

Can't think of anyone else to trade OEL to. Need to get a Matt Duchene like return for him.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Liljegren, Brown and multiple picks.

Liljegren for future #1 RD, and Brown because of the Erie Otters connection with Strome, along with multiple picks.

Can't think of anyone else to trade OEL to. Need to get a Matt Duchene like return for him.
I think I'd rather pursue Patrick and Provorov from the Flyers.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Emergence of Couturier. I'd also think we would have to include Strome in the conversation.
I'm not sure right now that OEL is better than either of Provorov or Ghost. No idea why they would trade their 1st round pick from last season for the chance that OEL regains form??

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure right now that OEL is better than either of Provorov or Ghost. No idea why they would trade their 1st round pick from last season for the chance that OEL regains form??
I think there's an argument that OEL will show significantly better elsewhere.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think there's an argument that OEL will show significantly better elsewhere.
I agree but Provorov is already showing to be pretty good at a younger age. I wouldn't make the trade straight up if I'm the Flyers, never mind Patrick.

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I've seen this before. A party interested in OEL puts this out in the Canadian press to prime the pump, so to speak. The inference is that 2 top line players and a 1st is too high a price. If the whisper to the press starts people saying such, the interested party can claim justification for asking less.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I agree but Provorov is already showing to be pretty good at a younger age. I wouldn't make the trade straight up if I'm the Flyers, never mind Patrick.
I don't pretend to be a NHL GM. I'm just tossing out what I consider to be plausible scenarios. I'm just hoping I'm close.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I've seen this before. A party interested in OEL puts this out in the Canadian press to prime the pump, so to speak. The inference is that 2 top line players and a 1st is too high a price. If the whisper to the press starts people saying such, the interested party can claim justification for asking less.
Oh absolutely. Point to the Leafs as the team most likely to engage in that behaviour. Also agents do this.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Don't see the Flyers as a good fit. Islanders could be. Boston could be. Maybe Washington.

If Hjalmarsson plays healthy before the deadline teams will line up for him. Chayka should get more than he cost to aquire.

Reactions: Mosby

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't pretend to be a NHL GM. I'm just tossing out what I consider to be plausible scenarios. I'm just hoping I'm close.
You kinda need a team with good forward prospects, bad D , but have a young D prospect to go with the good forward prospect. Oilers fit, Leafs fit, but I just don't see a Philly fit. Maybe something like OEL and Strome for Draisaitl and Bear sorta thing.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
You kinda need a team with good forward prospects, bad D , but have a young D prospect to go with the good forward prospect. Oilers fit, Leafs fit, but I just don't see a Philly fit. Maybe something like OEL and Strome for Draisaitl and Bear sorta thing.

Tampa

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Stepan needs to be in this conversation. Unfortunately he has a NTC. Goligoski too.

If you're going to trade the good bits, flush the shit bits as well please.

Reactions: CC96 and _Del_

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Flyers have a few young D who are all about the same level of development eaning in my mind that they lack that true Top guy to lead the charge. I love Provorov and I understand why you feel he may be off limits. Gostibehere and his bigger cap hit?

Oilers are not trading Draisaitl. Nuge sure but not Draisaitl.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
When Hedman went down this week I can admit to day dreaming on assets.
Lighting Top Prospects

1. Mikhail Sergachev LHD (Not a prospect, but young kid)
2. Brett Howden C
3. Taylor Raddysh RW RHS
4. Anthony Cirelli C LHS
5. Callan Foote (Adam's son) RHD
6. Boris Katchouk C LHS
7. Braden Point C RHS (Not a prospect, but young kid)
8. Libor Hajek LHD
9. Jake Dotchin RHD
10. Slater Koekkoek LHD (Not a prospect, but young kid))

Anyone of those in a combination would be fantastic

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Lighting Top Prospects

1. Mikhail Sergachev LHD
2. Brett Howden C
3. Taylor Raddysh RW RHS
4. Anthony Cirelli C LHS
5. Callan Foote (Adam's son) RHD

Sergachev is worth more to Tampa on his ELC than OEL in trade. There's no money to sign him either.

None of those guys should be the key return for OEL.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Keep in keep in mind the rise in cap and moving over $10 M in D salary is going to make it Very hard for this organization to make the floor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad