Rumor: Coyotes Pursuing Taylor Hall per Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
The Devils are rumoured to be asking for Grade A pieces, you guys are suggesting mostly C or D prospects. I don't see how that gets their attention?

Because giving up a grade A piece would be stupid. Hall himself hasnt been a Grade A piece in a couple years. If you cant elevate a team that has decent pieces like NJ how the hell is he going to elevate us.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Because giving up a grade A piece would be stupid. Hall himself hasnt been a Grade A piece in a couple years. If you cant elevate a team that has decent pieces like NJ how the hell is he going to elevate us.
He probably isn't so there probably isn't a deal to be done. But it doesn't sound like the suggestions here will be of much interest.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Toffoli is interesting too

Never elite, definition of a replacement level player just being fed minutes. Probably a 3rd liner here, not noticeably better than Vinny. Kreider brings better offense, defense, and is better on the PP.

Kreider should be the top target, followed by a guy like Palmieri.

I would actually just overpay for Zucker at this point, given the prices we're talking about for Hall. Problem is, Minny doesn't suck anymore. He has a better GAR/60 than Hall. He gets Chayka all hot and bothered for a reason. But if they insist on Dvorak, that's a dead end.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'd rather keep Fischer even though I always root for the Italian first. We have several players like Vinny. Even though Fischer doesn't use his size like we'd prefer, you can't teach it. Hopefully he'll improve in that area. I don't think either guy will ever score a ton.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd rather keep Fischer even though I always root for the Italian first. We have several players like Vinny. Even though Fischer doesn't use his size like we'd prefer, you can't teach it. Hopefully he'll improve in that area. I don't think either guy will ever score a ton.
I thought he was Ecuadorian?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I kind of like the idea of Kreider for one of Hinostroza or Fischer and a conditional 2nd round pick (becomes a 1st if we re-sign Kreider).

The only way we could keep both Soderberg and Kreider in Arizona long term would be to move Raanta in the offseason as well. Maybe a draft day deal type of thing where we trade Raanta and picks for players, picks, or both. Maybe something like Raanta and a 5th to Ottawa for one of their 2nd round picks with Anderson an upcoming UFA for Ottawa.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Kreider is 30 and his big time scoring days are over. Which is why the Rags are going to trade him and I'd certainly wouldn't trade a conditional 1st for him.

I just don't see Kreider as a tipping point, so I don't want to burn any assets in order to acquire him. Hall on the other hand I think would add to our group, but that's where it gets sticky as we'd have to give up a bigger piece, which I don't want to do. We need to keep Raanta...we have to add a scorer but not at the expense of losing Raanta. We can trade Raanta in the offseason.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Some non-verified twitter account that Devils fans seem to regard highly, and seems to be loosely connected with some verified accounts, is saying that Hall will be traded by the end of the current road trip and it will likely be to Colorado.
Do you have a link to this tweet?

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Yeah, this is definitely a JvR/Duchene situation. We’re being used as leverage. Just patsies. Shero is using us to drive up the price from the Avs. Nothing more.
Chayka is almost as motivated as Shero to drive up the price. You can't let the Avs load up for cheap. If the price is somewhat reasonable you can forge ahead with the Hall deal - otherwise just keep upping the ante. Just don't get caught with your bid paddle in the air if your bidding a little higher than you should. o_O

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
If it does not happen, it would not have been a bad thing for Chayka to let Hall and his agent know that he is very keen on him. Might be very useful in the summer.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
He might be. I tend to claim all the guys with vowels at the end of their names. Plus he looks like Dan Carcillo.

Fun fact:. Every Hawaiian word ends in a vowel.

p.s. except Hawaiian.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
My dream scenario has Zucker coming here, Todd walsh going to MN., with Zucker's wife taking over for walsh.

So, Zucker for Walsh? Wouldn't have been the worst main-board thread ever. But I doubt they would allow it to live long. :naughty:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If the Devils don't get a legitimate #1 goalie before next season then they are destined to be a lottery team again next season. Not saying that's the target in. Hall trade but its insanity if they don't make a move to get a 1G. Buffalo in same spot.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Just for conversation’s sake, how many #1 goalies are in the league? What's the criteria? Blackwood has a.899 save%. Is .910 good enough for #1 status? 29 goalies have a .910 or better save % (min 10 games played).

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Just for conversation’s sake, how many #1 goalies are in the league? What's the criteria? Blackwood has a.899 save%. Is .910 good enough for #1 status? 29 goalies have a .910 or better save % (min 10 games played).
I think I read this week that .909 was League average for starters? Also need to consider the Team and the system. I know many think we have the greatest tandem but imo if you remove either of our goalies from the Coyote's and put them on one of the struggling team's their time at the top of goalie stats would end. Not saying they aren't good but all of their records go right along with the system.

Reactions: MIG

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Hope we trade OEL for Hall. Took another dive tonight. Such a ***** move. Can't stand that, especially from our captain. Get him out of town.

I'm surprised it took 5 pages before this opinion was expressed. He is soft and playing poorly (again). Year after year he has had an excuse. I would be delighted to see him go, I would be fine seeing Keller go too.

Conversely, watching Bahl play elsewhere, dominating and smashing Yotes players would be terrible.

Reactions: RemoAZ

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Devils would never take on Keller. They already have a soft little Jack Hughes. These guys from the US national program seem a tad overrated. Always soft for sure.

Taylor Hall was MVP two years ago. he's an elite player who would help the Yotes. He's perfect for the Yotes. All depends on what you got to give up. I dont want him for Montreal. We have a whole group of very good prospects coming up.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Can he steal a game? Can he play consistently without a save percentage at our above league average? Can u trust for that goalie to play at a high level for 50-60 games/season?

goalie can be a little bit of voodoo. Babrovsky was run out of town in Philli and yet established himself as a top goalie in Columbus. Keumper was a scrap piece that all of a sudden fits perfectly into a Coyote system. Mike Smith was washed up garbage in Tampa and re-established himself as a nhl goalie in AZ. It’s a bit of system, fit, opportunity, and talent. Some teams appear to have a knack at it. Others it’s a train wreck.

Reactions: CC96 and MIG

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Also for goalies, it can depend on the type of defensive structure that you have in place.

Play a lot of zone? You might want a goalie who plays a slightly shallower arc, otherwise the zone getting flooded can create some soft angles if the goalie plays a higher arc. I think that it is really hard to tell a goalie that you need to change something like arc play, because there is a comfort level for goalies of where their vision points are and what they had been presented with growing up. Kind of like how stand up was the style, followed by butterfly, then this sort of hybrid style, you kind of stick with what you were taught, and then changing things during your career can take some effort to get used to. A different arc may mean seeing the puck a little less clearly, but having more time to react.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Recent League MVP Taylor Hall hasn’t been a grade A piece? Interesting perspective.
Hey he's 2 points shy of getting a point for every game he played in the last 4 seasons!!!! Definitely not Grade A. SMH

Reactions: Bonsai Tree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad