Rumor: Coyotes Pursuing Taylor Hall per Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He was the god damned league MV freakin P. Would easily be our best player.
I do find myself wondering if he would fit??? We don't exactly play a style designed for point producing? Or is that out of necessity? I am willing to try.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I do find myself wondering if he would fit??? We don't exactly play a style designed for point producing? Or is that out of necessity? I am willing to try.
All depends on cost. And signability. I think he’s a premium asset and I’d be willing to pay more than most here. I also don’t view Bahl as untouchable given his required development time and current waiver eligibility rules.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
All depends on cost. And signability. I think he’s a premium asset and I’d be willing to pay more than most here. I also don’t view Bahl as untouchable given his required development time and current waiver eligibility rules.
I don't think he's signing an extension with anyone, he's picking his next home. His Agent doesn't go down that road.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How did his last 3 seasons look?

how do those numbers compare? Cherry picking.

Hall is still one of the best 12 or so forwards in the league by WAR/GAR.

Zucker would be a much bettter fit overall, though. But Minny probably doesn't want to trade him at this point.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
My post was poking fun at other guy, he's a point a game guy for 4 seasons, that's Grade AA in my books.

You usually pick the opposite of what everyone says anyway just to cause discussion but In this case I realize I'm going against the grain. My only thing is has the the guy elevated the Oilers or Devils to be winners? No. Even with arguably some decent pieces ( not great but neither are ours). I believe there is something to that. Hasnt been as good since the injury either.

Its a vibe not science...my main concern is I don't want a rental and I also think we could get two guys for the price of one that would help us more if we wait.

Im probably wrong but I can have my opinion without being made fun of by so called experts.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You usually pick the opposite of what everyone says anyway just to cause discussion but In this case I realize I'm going against the grain. My only thing is has the the guy elevated the Oilers or Devils to be winners? No. Even with arguably some decent pieces ( not great but neither are ours). I believe there is something to that. Hasnt been as good since the injury either.

Its a vibe not science...my main concern is I don't want a rental and I also think we could get two guys for the price of one that would help us more if we wait.

Im probably wrong but I can have my opinion without being made fun of by so called experts.
All of your points are fine about why you don't want the player, but to not consider him a Grade A asset was just plain wrong.

Edit: FTR I don't want to give up the assets and am not sure he fits here either but he is a Grade A asset.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

If you post a hot take (aka a 'vibe') you can expect to be challenged on it if doesn't make any sense

If Hall was capable of singlehandedly carrying a team he wouldn't really be available. There's only a handful of those guys in the league.

Reactions: Jakey53

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Honestly I'd love Hall, think he'd be a great piece. If we're giving up prospects like Ball or the 1st, even better to me, because to me our roster looks pretty good - outside of guys like Soda and Richardson we have a solid young group that is only gonna get better as guys like Garland and Vinny mature more. I don't wanna give up on those guys.

txw

Feb 2, 2018
Chayka in an interview RE: the possibility of trading for Hall mentioned he believes every year you can potentially make a playoff appearance is valuable, I think it was with Craig Morgan at the Athletic. The way he phrased it made it seem like he saw our position in the standings good enough to be on this - he usually downplays trade talk so to kind go along with it after his typical "doing my due diligence" shpeal is saying something. But like us going in on signing JVR, he basically forced the Flyers to up their offer an extra $1m annually to outbid us, and he knew when to fold em on that. I hope he knows when is when in negotiations on this trade and potential extension and doesnt tie us to a sinking ship.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't think he's signing an extension with anyone, he's picking his next home. His Agent doesn't go down that road.
Agreed, and this is why I don’t see us trading for Hall, he would just be a rental, don’t see Chaka doing that.

Reactions: schnaurt

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Hilarious to read fans wondering if Hall is elite enough for the coyotes.
Hall would easily become the Yotes best player
On a team with a bunch of good players (like the Coyotes) this is the type of addition you want.
RT plays a perfect system for the offensively limited Yotes. Hall could open the door slightly for being a bit more offensive. But it really doesn't matter he would help anyway.
I would easily give up (to make salaries match somewhat), Keller, Raanta and a first to get Hall (if you can sign him to an extension). The team would be much closer to being legit contenders.
Keller is overrated. Raanta is a luxery. And a first rounder if you finish near the top is not that much.
Yes Chayka go for it.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Agreed, and this is why I don’t see us trading for Hall, he would just be a rental, don’t see Chaka doing that.
just like the Stone deal you make it contingent on signing an extension.
The only issue is does Hall want to come here?
The Aves probably have the inside track to land him with the young players they got.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
At the end of the day, it’s no longer Chayka’s call. It’s Meruelo’s. If he thinks we should go out swinging, he has the support and resources to back it up now.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
At the end of the day, it’s no longer Chayka’s call. It’s Meruelo’s. If he thinks we should go out swinging, he has the support and resources to back it up now.

Chayka has Meruelo’s confidence. If Chayka is convinced it’s a good move then Meruelo will green light it.

But it won’t be for a rental. Every move to date has had long term implications. Rentals aren’t part of that.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Chayka has Meruelo’s confidence. If Chayka is convinced it’s a good move then Meruelo will green light it.

But it won’t be for a rental. Every move to date has had long term implications. Rentals aren’t part of that.

I hope so. Would love to have a solid core moving forward.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think "no rentals" as a policy is perfectly fine when you're building. When you've got a .625 points % you're looking to do damage not rebuild. That doesn't mean you want to blow the farm completely, but Chayka not previously trading for pure rentals probably had more to do with the team being dreck than being against them outright.

Reactions: Mosby

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I think "no rentals" as a policy is perfectly fine when you're building. When you've got a .625 points % you're looking to do damage not rebuild. That doesn't mean you want to blow the farm completely, but Chayka not previously trading for pure rentals probably had more to do with the team being dreck than being against them outright.
I'm with you, hopefully this is year 1 of an annual playoff run for the next several years. Maybe a lower level rental at the TDL, but don't overpay for a player who will only be here a couple of months.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Hall would be awesome except I see one problem. It seems everyone takes a season to adjust to RT's system and if we bring in a rental and he takes that long too, then we have gained nothing so for me it would have to come with an extension.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Other way around, if the owner values his relationship with the GM he just extended. Don't pay someone to manage long term and then completely undercut them by forcing a trade that makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad