Coyotes Prospect Regular Season & Playoffs - 2015/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
You could be right.

The NHL is interesting in that you can go from being a 3rd rd pick to the team not wanting to sign you to an entry level deal. What did the Yotes see at the draft that changed?
He got hurt early in year 2 and supposedly wasn't very good the 2nd half. All just hearsay though because the only full QMJHL games I've ever seen have been ones I flew to Canada for. Hard to judge grinder types by their highlight reels.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Connor Garland destroying the QMJHL is rightfully impressive but there's always that caveat "yeah, but it's the QMJHL". What's crazy is Dvorak has an even higher ppg in the OHL! I keep trying to talk myself out of it but I'm really starting to get overly excited about Dvorak, he sounds like he could actually end up being a legit star player. I've said it before and I'll say it again, assuming you think Domi and Duclair are not one year wonders (zero reason to think that), all the Coyotes really need is for Strome and Dvorak to be the real deal. That alone would at the least make this team a perennial playoff team!

Pretty sure the OHL has had more GPG than the QMJHL for the last 5+ yrs.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Assuming everyone finishes fairly strongly, Dvorak, Strome, Fischer, Macinnis, and Garland are all set to have 40 goal campaigns

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Pretty sure the OHL has had more GPG than the QMJHL for the last 5+ yrs.
Yeah but isn't the OHL considered more competitive and tougher defensively? I was under the impression that's one of the main reasons a lot of people don't put much stock in what Garland is doing, because it's the QMJHL.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Updated - nice to see Dauphin starting to heat up.

Maybe next season Springfield won't be such a tire fire...and Maloney can get some vets to compliment the kids.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I could only track down data for 1 year but 2013 the Q was higher than the OHL.

Just wanted to throw this out there...counting this year and then going back 4 years, and only looking at the top 20 pt producers, the leagues in which they come are as follows: (so basically out of 100 players)

OHL: 26
SEL: 17
NCAA: 14
KHL: 14
WHL: 13
QMJHL: 13
Czech: 2
Slovak: 1

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Macinnis being voted a top 2 defensive forward in the west is interesting, i wasn't really aware of that element of his game. Bodes well for the hope that he can turn into a #3C

Dvorak and Strome also very highly rated by OHL coaches. Strome voted best faceoff man, smartest player, second best playmaker, and second best shootoff preformer.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
Strome took 2 penalties after the play tonight - both passionate plays but easy calls, one of which set his team back.

Dvorak won 21/37 faceoffs and had 2 points. Strome had 2 assists and went 8/19 on faceoffs.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Pissed I didn't make it to Moncton this year. Couldn't get the week off I wanted, and the alternate the Cats were playing away / I would have had to skip Erie / etc. That was a sick, sick goal. You never punk a defenseman like that in the NHL but good god that was unreal.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Will his skill translate to the NHL? :dunno:

That would be my concern as well. From the limited footage I've seen of him, most of the goals he's scored would have never been available in the NHL. That's not saying he can't make it at the NHL level, just something to think about. If anything, he might serve as a decent piece in a trade in the future depending on what else is going on in our system.

I'm guessing he'll need a year or two of seasoning in the A before he gets a shot at our NHL roster.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
That would be my concern as well. From the limited footage I've seen of him, most of the goals he's scored would have never been available in the NHL. That's not saying he can't make it at the NHL level, just something to think about...

That is what a lot of people were saying about Gaudreau and are saying about Marner, too.

It is not the skill that wont translate IMO. Can his elite skill compensate for his average skating and small size?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Strome vs Marner tonight. Winner takes 1st place in the conference. Erie wins 4 to 2. Strome with 3 assists.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Dvorak 52-69-121
Strome 37-74-111
Fischer 40-50-90 (1 game left)
MacInnis 38-43-81
Perlini 24-20-44 (1 game left D: )

Sans Perlini, an outstanding year for our OHL talent

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I believe the OHL playoffs start on the 24th. Any idea if there will be any games broadcast on NHL network or NBCSN in the States?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Strome vs Marner tonight. Winner takes 1st place in the conference. Erie wins 4 to 2. Strome with 3 assists.

Dvorak 52-69-121
Strome 37-74-111
Fischer 40-50-90 (1 game left)
MacInnis 38-43-81
Perlini 24-20-44 (1 game left D: )

Sans Perlini, an outstanding year for our OHL talent

Outstanding would be a understatement. Can't wait for training camp.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dvorak, MacInnis, and Perlini are all AHL eligible due to age. Fischer is eligible because he was not drafted out of the CHL. He was a USNTDP pick. I think Dvorak, MacInnis and Fischer don't have much left to prove in the OHL. I'd turn them pro and count on them learning and growing in the AHL. Perlini has plenty to learn in the OHL but he's stalled. I don't think another lackluster year as an amateur is going to help. Nor would a stellar OHL season, really. It's time to turn him pro and see if he sinks or swims in the AHL. I hope all four are playing for our top minor-pro affiliate next season.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Dvorak, MacInnis, and Perlini are all AHL eligible due to age. Fischer is eligible because he was not drafted out of the CHL. He was a USNTDP pick. I think Dvorak, MacInnis and Fischer don't have much left to prove in the OHL. I'd turn them pro and count on them learning and growing in the AHL. Perlini has plenty to learn in the OHL but he's stalled. I don't think another lackluster year as an amateur is going to help. It's time to turn him pro and see if he sinks or swims in the AHL. I hope all four are playing for our top minor-pro affiliate next season.

I agree and think they will all be in the AHL, with Dvorak having a outside shot of making the Coyotes.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Dvorak, MacInnis, and Perlini are all AHL eligible due to age. Fischer is eligible because he was not drafted out of the CHL. He was a USNTDP pick. I think Dvorak, MacInnis and Fischer don't have much left to prove in the OHL. I'd turn them pro and count on them learning and growing in the AHL. Perlini has plenty to learn in the OHL but he's stalled. I don't think another lackluster year as an amateur is going to help. Nor would a stellar OHL season, really. It's time to turn him pro and see if he sinks or swims in the AHL. I hope all four are playing for our top minor-pro affiliate next season.

Add that group and some solid ahl level vets and that could be a nice and much needed turnaround for our farm team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad