Prospect Info: Coyotes Prospect Camp (June 26-30)

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
He did pretty well, good defensively and a good passer. He had a few issues handling the puck though. He was noticeable in the scrimmage in a good way.

Yes, but everyone was having a little difficulty with the puck, it was bouncing for everyone.

PO Joseph was good, he was right up there with Capobianco as the standouts on D.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yes, but everyone was having a little difficulty with the puck, it was bouncing for everyone.

PO Joseph was good, he was right up there with Capobianco as the standouts on D.

True, but twice Joseph's difficulties led to ugly turnovers. It is a super small sample size, and you're right the puck was bouncing a lot so it's hard to really say if it's a weakness of not.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The good news is that none of the draftees put in a bad performance. They might not have stood out like some in the game, but they also weren't on the other end of the spectrum.

We didn't have any Fiegl's or Soleways where you just ask how in the world did they ever get drafted.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
True, but twice Joseph's difficulties led to ugly turnovers. It is a super small sample size, and you're right the puck was bouncing a lot so it's hard to really say if it's a weakness of not.

He's 18. The ice was crap. I'm not worried about him. If he can get some meat on those bones I think he has a chance to develop into a 3/4 PMD.

Also, great to see GiveAFlyingPuck and Ultra Mega Chychrun again and to meet CC96 at the scrimmage.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Joseph showed some promising long-range passing skills. I think he's got more offensive ability than he gets credit for.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He's 18. The ice was crap. I'm not worried about him. If he can get some meat on those bones I think he has a chance to develop into a 3/4 PMD.

Also, great to see GiveAFlyingPuck and Ultra Mega Chychrun again and to meet CC96 at the scrimmage.
He's 18 and he's 6 3 165, so yeah very far from a finished product hopefully haha. I don't think the turnovers are a big concern but it's worth mentioning.

I missed GiveAFlyingPuck, never met CC96. Hell with how insanely packed it was I'm shocked we were able to spot each other.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
He's 18 and he's 6 3 165, so yeah very far from a finished product hopefully haha. I don't think the turnovers are a big concern but it's worth mentioning.

I missed GiveAFlyingPuck, never met CC96. Hell with how insanely packed it was I'm shocked we were able to spot each other.

I just look for your beard. ;)

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

I just look for your beard. ;)

He shoulda wore the poncho...... :D

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

It was nice meeting you too!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Garland stripped him of the puck 1v1. He needs to add some serious strength.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The funny thing is that Garland was mucking it up with everyone...especially Keller.

If Garland would just simplify his game a touch, they might move him up down in Tucson. He's almost the anti-Keller. He actually got the puck a lot during the scrimmage but didn't do anything with it albeit the nice backhand pass to Strome on the backdoor during the 3on3.

Keller is dangerous every time he touches it.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
If Garland would just simplify his game a touch, they might move him up down in Tucson. He's almost the anti-Keller. He actually got the puck a lot during the scrimmage but didn't do anything with it albeit the nice backhand pass to Strome on the backdoor during the 3on3.

A year in Tucson didn't seem to help.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
A year in Tucson didn't seem to help.

Garland played 4th line minutes down in Tucson...was hoping they'd put him with someone who can get him the puck. He's certainly has the ability to get the puck, he just has to learn the simple nuances of how to create scoring chances once he gets it.

I'm hoping for an increased role for Garland this year, given that Fischer will probably graduate and the only other scoring option in Tucson will be Merkley & Pederson.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Garland is one of those small uber skilled guys that just seem to be missing something. He had 128 points his last year of junior. Next highest scorer on the team had 65!

Look at someone like Simon Gamache. 184 points in the Q his draft +1. Was basically ppg in the AHL. He had cups of coffee with 5 NHL teams but only played 48 total NHL games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->