Rumor: Coyotes one of many teams inquiring about Pierre-Luc Dubois (UPD: Off to WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Come on Jake. You know how important a #1 center is. He's young, big and a few years away from UFA too.
I understand, but you can't gut your team for one player. Schmaltz, Hayton + is a lot to pay, especially for this team. He's a really good player, I'll give you that.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jake: "We need a center! We never have centers! Why is Stepan playing so many minutes?! "

22 yr old, 6'3 , 60 pt, two-way center becomes available:
"What?! That's nuts! He 's barely worth more than Schmaltz!"
I know, but he regressed a little last year when other teams did not have Panarin to worry about. If we can keep DVO and Hayton out of the deal, then I would do it, but that probably is not reality.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I know, but he regressed a little last year when other teams did not have Panarin to worry about. If we can keep DVO and Hayton out of the deal, then I would do it, but that probably is not reality.
Regressed??? He handled the Leaf's with ease in play in round, points aren't everything. Last year was his coming out party as a 1C.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Regressed??? He handled the Leaf's with ease in play in round, points aren't everything. Last year was his coming out party as a 1C.
I was looking at points only. But can we afford to gut our team, especially with no #1 this year. Look, I could be wrong, but I think Schmaltz, Hayton, Crouse + is a lot to give up. Even though I'm not as high on Hayton as some, I'm scared he proves me wrong and is almost as good as PLD. If BA sees Hayton in a different light than me, then I guess I would do the trade. BA has proven me wrong this year with the players he has signed.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I was looking at points only. But can we afford to gut our team, especially with no #1 this year. Look, I could be wrong, but I think Schmaltz, Hayton, Crouse + is a lot to give up. Even though I'm not as high on Hayton as some, I'm scared he proves me wrong and is almost as good as PLD. If BA sees Hayton in a different light than me, then I guess I would do the trade. BA has proven me wrong this year with the players he has signed.
I would only consider that if an extension had been verbally agreed to. Schmaltz and Crouse I do in a second flat, Hayton would have me doing a greater deep dive.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Not everyone is as high on Dubois as some are. On value alone, I wouldnt be keen to give up two of our top forwards. On team spirit I'd be highly wary of bringing in a malcontent and selfish player and breaking up the young core we have here. On paper he's a good fit but other than that, there's no real appeal here for Dubois either.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Imagine kicking and screaming your way out of Columbus just to end up in Winnipeg. The Columbus of Canada.
The only possible gain is the large hockey market. Some guys just want that.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would only consider that if an extension had been verbally agreed to. Schmaltz and Crouse I do in a second flat, Hayton would have me doing a greater deep dive.
Of course Schmaltz and Crouse is a no brainer. I guess there is a trade call in between the Jackets and Jets involving Laine and PLD.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Also, Max Domi is now the #1C in Columbus and is going to get to feed pucks to Liane at even strength and on PP1. Please be prepared for him to hit 70pt pace consistently and be a bonafide 1C. It’s happening.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Laine playing for Torts is gonna be something!

Laine needs to perform in his contract year so there should be so common ground between him and Torts this season. Maybe the finnish connection with Kekalainen will help too.

Reactions: rt

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Does this basically mean that he’s suddenly a huge celebrity in a tiny little market? Rather than fairly anonymous in a different tiny little market?
I think it means that some guys are "hockey"guys and want to be somewhere that it is the focus of the City. Most players want no pary of that but some strive for it. I think Scheifele is one. It was rumored that PLD wanted it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Does this basically mean that he’s suddenly a huge celebrity in a tiny little market? Rather than fairly anonymous in a different tiny little market?
Winnipeg is a small nhl City, but it is not a tiny hockey market.

Reactions: Alberta Yote

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Laine needs to perform in his contract year so there should be so common ground between him and Torts this season. Maybe the finnish connection with Kekalainen will help too.
That same Finnish GM passed on Laine in draft to pick PLD. Funny how this now gets to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad