Rumor: Coyotes one of many teams inquiring about Pierre-Luc Dubois (UPD: Off to WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The wanting out has been building, the quiting was one shift.

It's more than likely that he "practices" like he plays, which means many practices he's not putting in full effort because he doesn't want to be here. I don't trade for those types of players. If he's a malcontent in Columbus, he'll be a malcontent here in AZ, it's a certainty.

Last edited:

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Worth a call and a chat. I have zero problem having a Schmaltz (and his long contract gone) type of trade for him. He is a 1C.

I have liked A LOT what I have seen from PLD so far in his career and it will take a lot more than the few games this year to turn me off about him.

I think Torts is doing PLD's next coach a favour. PLD will have a mega couple of years once he lands in his next spot.

Some shades of O'Reilly's early career situation if you ask me.

Reactions: cobra427 and Mosby

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
BA and Jarmo have good relationship. I trust BA not to acquire a problem. He’s shown to be good at bringing in the right kind of elements to the lineup so far. I think if we end up trading for PLD, that in and of itself, will make me feel better about PLD. I’m worried about him and I see him as risky. If BA doesn’t think he’s a risk and isn’t worried, that’s good enough for me.

Reactions: Heldig

rt

May 13, 2004
@XX would you do this?

Barrett Hayton
Lawson Crouse
Jason Demers (dump/taxi)
2021 CBJ 2nd
*2022 Conditional

*2nd-AZ qualifies &CBJ doesn’t
*4th-CBJ qualifies &AZ doesn’t
*3rd-both qualify or both don’t

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
@XX would you do this?

Barrett Hayton
Lawson Crouse
Jason Demers (dump/taxi)
2021 CBJ 2nd
*2022 Conditional

*2nd-AZ qualifies &CBJ doesn’t
*4th-CBJ qualifies &AZ doesn’t
*3rd-both qualify or both don’t

No, I'd find a way to keep Hayton. He's cost controlled and still has huge upside. If they both hit top gear, you have a real contender.

Schmaltz is the one I'd be keen to be rid of due to his injury history and contract, but he's probably the least valuable of the 3 Jarmo would be really after. I would try to construct a scenario where, if you got zero out of it other than PLD for two years, you'd be okay with the loss. It's hard to see such a bid winning or PLD really wanting to be here to begin wtih.

The Coyotes are already running very lean ammo wise. BA needs prospects like Maccelli and Jenik to hit just to stay afloat, nevermind seriously compete.

I think the opening ask from Jarmo would be Dvorak, Maccelli, good picks. Assuming PLD's reputation isn't shot behind closed doors, he could easily ask for two bluechips or equivalent like Hayton + Soderstrom.

I don't think AZ is the right team to consummate this trade even if the value was there.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This is as rich as I would go.

I'd probably go up to Schmaltz, Crouse, Farinacci, 2nd. CBJ could probably find a better fit return wise elsewhere.

Depends on what is being said behind the scenes by both camps. Emptying out the organization for a dude pulling a Turris that may not even want to be in AZ would be a bad move and I am happy that BA is smarter than that.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'd do something around Schmaltz and Hayton. I think that could at least get their attention. We could add to that but Dvo too would be tough to swallow although I'd think Torts would love Dvo.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
He is a 1c, we should be trying to acquire him. Getting sideways with Torts isn't out of the ordinary. The bigger risk is an extension, having that worked out somehow.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd do something around Schmaltz and Hayton. I think that could at least get their attention. We could add to that but Dvo too would be tough to swallow although I'd think Torts would love Dvo.
That is way too much. I would pass if they want that, and I'm not as high on Hayton as some.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
That is way too much. I would pass if they want that, and I'm not as high on Hayton as some.

You'd think a #5 overall center, Schmaltz and maybe another decent prospect would be a good haul for a guy asking to be traded and now dogging it to force the issue.

rt

May 13, 2004
To ARI
Pierre-Luc Dubois

To CBJ
Barrett Hayton
Lawson Crouse
Jason Demers (dump/taxi)
2021 CBJ 2nd
*2022 Conditional

Keller-Dubois-Garland
Brassard-Schmaltz-Kessel
Caggiula-Dvorak-Pitlick
Hayden-Larsson-Fischer
Hunt

OEL-Goligoski
Chychrun-Hjammer
Oesterle-Lyubushkin
Capobianco-Soderstrom

Kuemper
Raanta
Hill

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think it's too much of a haul for a guy who has shown he doesn't give a shit about anything but himself.
I'd take the gamble. We don't know what happened. Maybe they told him to sign the contract so they could trade him and now they're dragging their feet. Who knows? When have we ever even had a shot at anything close to a #1 center?

Reactions: _Del_

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Remember that Army is high on guys who were drafted by the org. The logo means more to them. So that’s Dvo and Hayton.

I like Schmaltz but he doesn’t fit into that category.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You'd think a #5 overall center, Schmaltz and maybe another decent prospect would be a good haul for a guy asking to be traded and now dogging it to force the issue.
Schmaltz by himself is almost equal to PLD. There is no way I would add another C to that deal. A winger, no problem, but not a young C like Hayton. PLD is a nice piece, but he is no super star. Schmaltz is a long term cost certainty, where PLD in two years might ask for 8 mil. a year.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Schmaltz by himself is almost equal to PLD. There is no way I would add another C to that deal. A winger, no problem, but not a young C like Hayton. PLD is a nice piece, but he is no super star. Schmaltz is a long term cost certainty, where PLD in two years might ask for 8 mil. a year.
Are you drinking Jakey?? PLD is a number 1 center who is generally at the top of the league in takeaways. Schmaltz is none of those things. The list of players who could not wait to be rid of Torts is very long. PLD signed a ream friendly deal with tge knowledge tgey were going to find him a new home. With no action he is now about to force their hand. I don't see him wanting AZ but he would be our best forward by a wide margin.

Reactions: MIGs Dog and RemoAZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad