Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
You left out Newhook.

Avs can find another training partner for their captain then

06658a26ff49be8d3da835484923cdf1b614c5da.gifv

Reactions: milehigh11

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
They won't get enough back to justify moving him. Maybe you get a 2nd and lowish prospect, as Garland doesn't have a long run of being decent. So at best, you get maybe a guy who will be as good as him 2-5 years from now and a small add. Better off keeping him as he has more value to them, then most other teams.

BlackTipReefer

Mar 25, 2021
What the hell am I missing with this guy?

A late bloomer has a good season and a half and all of a sudden he is worth all this.

WTF?

He's good but that poster is out to lunch. Oilers have much more enticing targets out there for half that price, imo.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
They won't get enough back to justify moving him. Maybe you get a 2nd and lowish prospect, as Garland doesn't have a long run of being decent. So at best, you get maybe a guy who will be as good as him 2-5 years from now and a small add. Better off keeping him as he has more value to them, then most other teams.
The trend is "what have you done for me lately" when determining value. I mean the kid had 22 goals last season if people want to some sense of a trend with him. I could easily see a 1st round pick for a kid who is trending upwards and is an RFA after this season.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I do not get making your best forward available. I guess its not that much of a stretch though. Its like my team (Devils) saying Hughes is "available" but would take a package that no one in their right mind would take , with hopes that some GM is out of their mind?
But why would a team say this ? It would make said player feel like crap / unwanted so why even bother?

Reactions: Schemp

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I do not get making your best forward available. I guess its not that much of a stretch though. Its like my team (Devils) saying Hughes is "available" but would take a package that no one in their right mind would take , with hopes that some GM is out of their mind?
But why would a team say this ? It would make said player feel like crap / unwanted so why even bother?

Hughes is probably a cornerstone player though, Garland in reality is not.

I get he's a good player, but him being your best player is a problem and somewhat a reason why the Coyotes are not relevant.

Reactions: tony135420

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
It's kinda like
GMBA "everybody's available"
"Even Garland" (least likely)
GMBA "Yes, even Garland, for the right price"

Reactions: YotesFan47

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad