Coyotes hire Arena Consultant - News in Two Weeks or Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Today's mah birthday, and the realization that we're leaving Glendale is easily one the top-5 all time birthday gifts I've ever received, and I've had some cool presents in my day.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
Today's mah birthday, and the realization that we're leaving Glendale is easily one the top-5 all time birthday gifts I've ever received, and I've had some cool presents in my day.

Don't want to be a party pooper, but this could end up with the team leaving AZ as a whole. But the team is definitely taking the necessary steps to stay here.

Glendale was ALWAYS a dead end

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Happy Birthday!

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
We have a beautiful 10 year old arena... too bad they placed it about 9 hours away from 90% of the Phoenix area. Look forward to see what the future holds.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If I was renting out a place and the owners wanted me to do all the upkeep, I've dumped $3M+ of my own money into renovating the place, and they keep moaning about changing the lease to a more lucrative one, I think I might look at other places to live, too.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I'm scared but hopeful. Hopefully something happens downtown or in the East Valley. Either way would save me about 45 minutes of driving and make it more likely that I will go to games.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
If this team ends up back in the Easy Valley again, this message is for those of you who complain about the arena being too far away from where they live; put your money where your mouth is.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Still need to figure out the actual money part of the equation.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
If this team ends up back in the Easy Valley again, this message is for those of you who complain about the arena being too far away from where they live; put your money where your mouth is.

I complain about the arena being too far but I still go to games; I've been to all 4 so far this season. If they did move back to the east valley then I probably will upgrade from a half season to a full season ticket plan.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Some of us STHers already travel 100+ miles R/T to games (me), but point well taken...in my case I may buy 4 instead of 2 seats.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Feb 12, 2003
I live in the West Valley, about 20 minutes away from the arena, so hearing they may leave doesn't warm my heart in that regard. But I realize that some will have to sacrifice for the greater good. Too bad more people don't realize that.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, the cost in gas and mileage on the car alone is brutal. That's not even including the frustration of dealing with rush hour.

It's mostly the traffic/time involved for me. Taking the kids to the game on a school day is nigh impossible for a regular excursion. Gathering them all up from all the different activities, trying to feed them before hand, etc makes it difficult. Especially if I were to leave work at a "normal" time. Then sitting in the traffic on the way there.

By the time I factor the costs, time, etc I'd rather watch from the comfort of home and everyone gets to bed on time if it's a weekday game. Weekend games on the otherhand are fun for all ages.

Happy bday!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd prefer the team to play in Glendale than move out of state. I'd say that the fact both sides are at least positioning themselves to at least appear to want to sever ties puts us a big step closer to the team leaving the state. Being homeless is a good reason to leave. Look at the Thrashers.

I'm certainly not ready to cheer and celebrate this news. It just looks like more drama to me.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Side Note: everyone keeps citing the Suns lease through 2029. I've heard that means they have to stay in the city of Phoenix until then but not necessarily in the current arena. Is that true? Meaning a move to the very southeastern edge of Phoenix, close to Tempe would be doable for the Suns potentially. Is that right?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Isn't this dude directly involved in getting an NHL team to Seattle? :laugh:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
IA must be asking him what kind of arena they can build for $5, as that's all they can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad