Coyotes hire Arena Consultant - News in Two Weeks or Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The Glendale audit shows evidence of either incompetence or malfeasance. In this case, incompetence might actually be the lesser of two evils.

But again, their dealings with Tucson are so wildly contrasting with the way they treated Glendale that I'm totally in the dark about their real capacity and motivation. I've been reduced to just hoping things work out.

There's an undertone in your remark of innocence and honest dealing on the part of Glendale. Perhaps their dealings with Tucson are so wildly contrasting because Tucson wasn't trying to screw them.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I'm not sure I'd equate thinking this group might be full of **** to anything tin foil hat or conspiracy related. The group has moved an ahl team to Tucson, so suggesting they have and have had a sinister plan to string us along and then relocate the team is vaguely tin foily.

AHL teams get sold and moved all the time... to use this as some proof that the Coyotes are locked into Arizona is silly.

Why would they buy an AHL team and move them to Arizona if they plan to sell/relocate the Coyotes?

Why not? It was cheap, it's another play thing for ownership, and it adds value to the Coyotes package when the ownership sells out. Plus there is nothing forcing the AHL team to stay in Tucson for decades. Both teams are relocatable in a short amount of time.

Really there is only one thing the Coyotes ownership can do to show they are committed to Arizona. Announce a new arena deal with them putting up 30+ million dollars towards the cost and signing a multi-decade agreement.

Thinking the group may just be incompetent or in over their heads though has some basis and is pretty reasonable.

They are either incompetent or cunning. Both are bad either way you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->