News: Coyotes have offered Antti Raanta multiyear contract extension

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
He still had a .915 save percentage in Nov. really dug himself a hole there.

Overall. My point (if you've actually acknowledged it instead of simply arguing) is that he had a fair amount of poor games (or games with a sv% below .900) during the month November - and December if you want to go that far - and pulled himself out of it.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
It something like Andersen of the Leafs. He was never a legit starter and had entered his RFA contract. Lou liked him and traded a 1st and 2nd picks and signed to a 5 X 5. contract.
If the Coyotes think he is legit, and he is a UFA, 5 X 5 certainly is he going rate. The teams that do offer him a big contract though, have to think he is a long term starter.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Loved him in chicago, unfortunately theres no need to pay for 2 #1 goalies.... hes pretty good

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Seems a bit low given his performance.

Not with his track record, or lack of it. He just hasn't played enough games to convince most GMs he the real thing after all this is his first season over 30 games and it is only 45. Getting locked into a 6x6 contract and finding out the guy can't sustain it.... The numbers sound about right for an aspiring starter. If he wanted to take a 1 year contract and he puts up great numbers over 55 games, then he would be looking at $6m+, if he bombed out he'd be looking at backup money. $4.5m is a little each way.

Reactions: iSophagus

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m happy for him - and he did very well with us Rangers.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Overall. My point (if you've actually acknowledged it instead of simply arguing) is that he had a fair amount of poor games (or games with a sv% below .900) during the month November - and December if you want to go that far - and pulled himself out of it.

So he's basically Andersen 2.0. Shit's the bed at the start of the year, makes the fans have a panic attack, and then play lights out for the rest of the year.

Reactions: BHD

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Raanta probably improved his game, ever since he was a Ranger, training with one of the best goaltending coaches in the league, Benoit Allaire.

Reactions: iSophagus
Feb 24, 2017
I haven’t followed the Arizona goaltending as closely as I could have been. I thought Darcy Kuemper was the hot new thing in town.

Are they both likely to stay in Arizona and push one another? Was Kuemper brought in to be a backup?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Seems about right for him. Curious if he decides to test free agency though. Theres a few teams that need a goalie.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
This is after a terrible start to the season.
LOL... Get a grip and look at his whole seasons numbers

Or were you on the same "Trade Crosby" train two or three seasons ago when he slumped for the first half of the year

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I haven’t followed the Arizona goaltending as closely as I could have been. I thought Darcy Kuemper was the hot new thing in town.

Are they both likely to stay in Arizona and push one another? Was Kuemper brought in to be a backup?

He's basically Raanta Insurance should he decide to leave. He signed a 2 year extension when he was traded so ideally yes, he's our backup.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I didn't realize I'd start such a controversy by mentioning Raanta's numbers through his first 15-20 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad