News: Coyotes have offered Antti Raanta multiyear contract extension

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
As a Blues fan, if we can move Allen, I'd gladly offer Raanta that contract. Fingers crossed he didn't like the desert. St. Louis weather is much closer to Finland's and we have a young Finnish goalie he can mentor. Point being, he'll get other offers in that price range if he wait's until free agency. It all depends on how much he liked Arizona

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Article link

Said to be "up to four years and would be between $4 to $4.5 million".

Seems about right to me. Guy is a legit starter. I'd be happy for him and the team if he stays in Arizona.

As they should, Raanta at that price is a steal.

Yet somehow few fans would hate that contract for him, can't figure out why.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
As a Blues fan, if we can move Allen, I'd gladly offer Raanta that contract. Fingers crossed he didn't like the desert. St. Louis weather is much closer to Finland's and we have a young Finnish goalie he can mentor. Point being, he'll get other offers in that price range if he wait's until free agency. It all depends on how much he liked Arizona

By all accounts so far, he likes it quite well. I would expect this is a contract that gets done pretty easily for both sides.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Definitely deserves it but I think he might test the market because he could probably get more based on his stats.

Reactions: LAINEC

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He might be worth the but signing that contract is a mistake, if you bolt from Arizona you should

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017

You guys even have a Finnish arch in your city!
St.LuLu = Finland confirmed.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
They definitely should be locking him up.
Coyotes have been a solid team the 2nd half of the season, in no small part due to Raanta's play and should do anything and everything to start next season on the same track.

Reactions: iSophagus

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Rangers definitely miss this guy quite a bit. Really happy to see him finally getting the payday and recognition he deserves.
Not sure we even do as great as he's been. Georgiev single-handedly kept us out of Dahlin sweepstakes.

The Rangers are one of the teams that are the cream of the crop at churning out a given position, but unfortunately for us, it's the one where you only get to play one at a time.

Reactions: H3ckt1k

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

You say that like it's a good thing :laugh:

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Seems a bit low given his performance.

It's kind of the standard "you weren't a true/dependable starter before, but now we think you are" contract.

Andersen 5 M, 5 years
Dubnyk 4.33 M, 6 years
Allen 4.35 M, 4 years
Talbot 4.16 M, 3 years
Darling 4.15 M, 4 years
Murray 3.75 M, 3 years

I don't think Raanta would have much of a case that he deserves way more than this given where these goalies were at when they signed. It's almost too reasonable for both sides to not happen.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Seems a bit low given his performance.

His performance was across only 45 games. He never topped 30 in the NHL before this season and 45 was his max in Finland as well. That is more like the workload of a 1A in a platoon's as opposed to a starter. Its risky to pay him more because if he can't carry a full starter's load, you will be investing too much bringing in a 1B as well. You don't pay a guy who has never played 50 games $6M. He had a couple injuries this year, otherwise he would have gotten more, but then you question his ability to stay healthy over a starter's workload. I'd go $5M if that's what it took, maybe $5.25 if there were no other options. Anything more I'd be nervous, even if his GAA and S% may justify more.

Reactions: iSophagus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad