Friedman: Coyotes gauging the market on Chychrun

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’d offer:
Knies
Niemela (if a D prospect is needed, if not I’d include Robertson or any other F prospect)
2022 1st
Holl (cap)

Pretty much 3 mid/late 1sts for Chychrun
Except Knies and Niemela are not firsts and probably aren’t valued as such. Every team has prospects that look good after being drafted but that
Doesn’t upgrade their value.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Not to belabor the point, but from the Oilers I'd like to see:

2022 1st (top five protected), otherwise 2023 1st unprotected
2023 2nd (Oilers can't deal this years 2nd)
Broberg (Oilers top defensive prospect)
Barrie (RHD, it was reported he was part of the offer Holland made for Chychrun)
Savoie (Hobey Baker award finalist this year, for those who don't already know)
Koskinen (only $2.6 Million left on his deal)

for

Chychrun
Crouse
Vejmelka

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not to belabor the point, but from the Oilers I'd like to see:

2022 1st (top five protected), otherwise 2023 1st unprotected
2023 2nd (Oilers can't deal this years 2nd)
Broberg (Oilers top defensive prospect)
Barrie (RHD, it was reported he was part of the offer Holland made for Chychrun)
Savoie (Hobey Baker award finalist this year, for those who don't already know)
Koskinen (only $2.6 Million left on his deal)

for

Chychrun
Crouse
Vejmelka
Take out Crouse and Vejmelka. Now that they’re out of the proposal, it’s still pretty easy for Arizona to decline this. It’s a milquetoast offer for Chychrun alone.

Also it was never “reported” by anyone. How can you think an unverified, anonymous tweet is “reporting”?

Reactions: Nowotny and YP44

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Take out Crouse and Vejmelka. Now that they’re out of the proposal, it’s still pretty easy for Arizona to decline this. It’s a milquetoast offer for Chychrun alone.

Also it was never “reported” by anyone. How can you think an unverified, anonymous tweet is “reporting”?

Would rumored be a better choice? Tweeted?

Your counter is blatantly unfair to the Oilers. Arizona won't get that for Chychrun or an offer like that from any team in the league. That is my guess anyway.

But, you're a fan so I get it. Gotta be insanely lopsided for you to feel comforted, right?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Your counter is blatantly unfair to the Oilers. Arizona won't get that for Chychrun or an offer like that from any team in the league. That is my guess anyway.

But, you're a fan so I get it. Gotta be insanely lopsided for you to feel comforted, right?

I think he is more big game hunting. Broberg is a huge piece IMO, but I think that poster would want to see Chrychun moved for a top forward prospect as he was keen on a McTavish offer earlier.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think he is more big game hunting. Broberg is a huge piece IMO, but I think that poster would want to see Chrychun moved for a top forward prospect as he was keen on a McTavish offer earlier.

That poster's desire for what they want to happen isn't high on my priority list to consider.

Broberg IS a huge piece, basically the replacement for Chychrun. Holland sounds like he is really attached to his first pick as Oilers GM but I think he has to see accelerating the Oilers build as a necessary thing.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That poster's desire for what they want to happen isn't high on my priority list to consider.

Broberg IS a huge piece, basically the replacement for Chychrun. Holland sounds like he is really attached to his first pick as Oilers GM but I think he has to see accelerating the Oilers build as a necessary thing.

Oh I agree, Broberg + 1st (top 3 protected) is a solid offer for Chychrun IMO.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Broberg is not a main piece maybe the 2nd piece but yeah.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
After reading this thread, I feel so dirty!
Coyotes should wait until the draft, unless someone like McTavish is offered.

rt

May 13, 2004

No. Your offer is just weak. Rangers, Kings, and Blues fans have put forward many reasonable offers that are quite tempting. You haven’t done that yet. That’s all. No need to get grumpy.

rt

May 13, 2004

Broberg is not “basically a replacement” for Chychrun. That’s laughable.

Reactions: bsu

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Armstrong has a reputation for setting a price and not budging. It cost him dearly with OEL in his first off-season but worked very much in his favor with Dvorak and Kuemper. We shall see how the Chychrun situation plays out. Arizona has no reason to be in a hurry. So I expect the price will be met or the player will be kept.

Multiple insiders now seem to be agreeing on the asking price and there are anonymous execs supporting those claims. The price is a “young” roster player that’s worth a 1st (preferably a recent first, himself), a prospect that’s worth at least a 1st (preferably a recent 1st himself), and an actual 1st.

Of course, Arizona fans will say “Great! Clarke, Bjornfot and a 1st!”

While, of course, LA fans will say “Great! Vilardi, Kupari, and a 1st!”

So while we have somewhat of an understanding of the ask, at this point, we really don’t know what it means in terms of practical application.

Byfield for Chychrun. 1 for 1. LFG

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Now that’s a tempting offer. I’d probably do it, honestly.

My fellow Kings will (and have) crucify me for this, but I don't have as high an opinion on Byfield as most. Or at least if he does reach his potential, it'll be so far away that Kopitar and Doughty will be useless.

For Arizona he does have a higher ceiling than Turcotte or Vilardi, and fits in better with a longer term timeline.

I'd throw in a prospect like Kupari or a 2nd (maybe even a protected 1st) if ya'll added Crouse

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
To me the hypothetical Blues offer is both the most realistic and least desirable to me, and therefore that'll probably be what they get. Teams just aren't going to pony up McTavish/Byfield level prospects in any trade ever. A guy like Neighbors, while still a top prospect, would be much easier for a team like the Blues to stomach, especially when they've had this hole for so long and are in super win-now mode.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
My fellow Kings will (and have) crucify me for this, but I don't have as high an opinion on Byfield as most. Or at least if he does reach his potential, it'll be so far away that Kopitar and Doughty will be useless.

For Arizona he does have a higher ceiling than Turcotte or Vilardi, and fits in better with a longer term timeline.

I'd throw in a prospect like Kupari or a 2nd (maybe even a protected 1st) if ya'll added Crouse

If Byfield reaches his potential after Kopitar and Doughty are useful I am perfectly fine with that. Elite is elite, and if LA thinks Byfield is elite he is not dealt for Chychun.
Blake should be able to outbid other packages without including him, so why include him?

rt

May 13, 2004
To me the hypothetical Blues offer is both the most realistic and least desirable to me, and therefore that'll probably be what they get. Teams just aren't going to pony up McTavish/Byfield level prospects in any trade ever. A guy like Neighbors, while still a top prospect, would be much easier for a team like the Blues to stomach, especially when they've had this hole for so long and are in super win-now mode.
Agreed. I just hope they get the BIG ol’ pile of stuff with him. Neighbors AND Perunovich AND Hofer AND the 1st.

I guess we could eat Scandella, too. Which makes this even more realistic as the aav difference between Chychrun and Scandella the next two seasons after this is less than 1aav.

Scandella has a 7 team NTC. At first thought, you’d say “AZ is probably a no-go” but the you have to think about that. Players will often leave off teams they think have no chance of acquiring them. Why would Scandella worry that a rebuilding team would be interested? He probably doesn’t consider himself a cap-dump. It’s more likely he listed bubble teams he doesn’t want to end up with.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
No. Your offer is just weak. Rangers, Kings, and Blues fans have put forward many reasonable offers that are quite tempting. You haven’t done that yet. That’s all. No need to get grumpy.

It isn't.

Don't you mean pissy? :laugh:

Broberg is not “basically a replacement” for Chychrun. That’s laughable.

I think that is exactly what Holland and co. believe. They see him as a top pairing LHD.

I think my offer is a bit more believable than most, but I guess we'll see what Arizona actually gets if they really do move Chychrun.

Reactions: YP44 and rt

rt

May 13, 2004
If Byfield reaches his potential after Kopitar and Doughty are useful I am perfectly fine with that. Elite is elite, and if LA thinks Byfield is elite he is not dealt for Chychun.
Blake should be able to outbid other packages without including him, so why include him?
You can’t take Byfield off the table and also take Clarke off the table, though. That’s just gratuitous. The deal with LA, in my opinion, is Clarke, a 1st, and another piece. The question is how valuable they 3rd piece needs to be. Is it Kupari or Vilardi or JAD? Or maybe Bjornfot or Anderson or Grans?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Is Bjornfot on the 3rd pair good value on that asset over the next few years?

Yes. This is the same argument people made about A-Mart when he was a King and playing 3rd pair. Depth is a great thing and it makes no sense to me to move a LD in a trade for LD when we have so much talent at RD in the organization. I would not move either of the young LD on the current roster

Reactions: rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad