Friedman: Coyotes gauging the market on Chychrun

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Link

6. Arizona GM Bill Armstrong refused to comment when asked, but it now sounds like the Coyotes are gauging the market on Jakob Chychrun. I’ve heard the ask is massive, but that doesn’t mean opponents are running away. He’s signed for three more years at a very reasonable $4.6 million AAV and is a terrific player. This is one to watch.

Reactions: Altimus

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think it makes sense for them. He's a great player but he's really struggling with that team currently.

I think they're understandably worried that his value could tank and they'd be unable to get a large return in the future if it looks like free agency is in his cards. His value will take a MASSIVE hit if he 20 point season and is -70 or some unbelievable number like he is pacing for (-92). Sure GMs will forgive his performance to some degree due to his team but still those are atrocious statistics.

Sure thats looking pretty far down the line but with the picks the coyotes have acquired its pretty obvious thats what their front office is concerned about- not the immediate on ice product.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021

He's the only major valuable asset that they have and the return could completely reshape their rebuild. In the ideal world he'd be there for the next 10 years but this isn't the ideal world. I'm sure the Yotes fans are going to be annoyed, understandably.

The Yotes aren't going to be good for the next 2 years, so it could be a good time to cash in on him, especially as at least 5-10 teams will be willing to part with serious assets for 23-year-old 1D who is on a great contract.

Reactions: Stubu

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
It makes total sense to 'gauge the market.' They'll ask for the Kings Ransom. If they get it and can speed up a rebuild a couple years then absolutely. If the offers aren't there, then he's young enough and the contract is long enough that they hang onto him. It reminds me of the Rangers McDonough situation except that the Yotes have considerably more leverage with all factors involved. Come at me with 2 first rounders and a high level prospect to start.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Holloway + Broberg + 2022 1st + 3rd + B Prospect (Safin) + Koskinen for Chychrun + Crouse + Wedgewood

The goalie swap is strictly to make the cap work, both pending UFA's. 1/3 of season over we move a 3rd for that. Seems fair in the scope of the massive trade.

1st 2022 for Crouse. Physical top 9 winger. Pending RFA. An important add for depth especially if Holloway has to go to get Chychrun.

Holloway, Broberg and Safin for Chychrun. Chychrun and Nurse make Broberg expendable. I assume Holloway and Broberg have to be in the deal and add Safin on top. He's big, raw skilled, some decent potential there. Not off to a great start this season.

Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Crouse - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Foegele - RNH - Kassian
Benson - McLeod - Ryan

Chychrun - Bouchard
Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci

Last edited:

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
2022 1st + 2023 1st + Broberg to start from Oilers.

It's a good base but probably needs Holloway instead of one of the 1sts. The competition will be high for him, just off the top of my head teams like LA, Winnipeg, Chicago, Montreal, St Louis and New Jersey would be in the mix, and that is without teams like the Rangers who might be willing to fast-forward their LD.

Devilcake

Jul 19, 2011
Sweden
Link

6. Arizona GM Bill Armstrong refused to comment when asked, but it now sounds like the Coyotes are gauging the market on Jakob Chychrun. I’ve heard the ask is massive, but that doesn’t mean opponents are running away. He’s signed for three more years at a very reasonable $4.6 million AAV and is a terrific player. This is one to watch.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's a good base but probably needs Holloway instead of one of the 1sts. The competition will be high for him, just off the top of my head teams like LA, Winnipeg, Chicago, Montreal, St Louis and New Jersey would be in the mix, and that is without teams like the Rangers who might be willing to fast-forward their LD.

Hawks dont have assets to get any deal done

They would not be among teams in competition

Reactions: Kaners PPGs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad