Post-Game Talk: Coyotes def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Miller, Garland, Pettersson)

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
1712814037729.png

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Difference in this game was ....GOALTENDING. Ingram terrific Silvos not good enough. Silvos was losing track of the puck all game. Main reason the Canucks have faltered is obvious - loss of Demko. Team better hope he is ready when he returns.

Good

Hughes - overstayed some shifts (one time leading to a goal against) but went into dynamo mode late and carried much of the comeback

Zadorov - another who lead the charge late. His rushes and up ice momentum were another critical factor getting the Canucks back in it. Seems so much untapped potential here. Shooting could have been better in this one.

Garland - once again our best forward. Better goal scorer than he is given credit for.

Blueger - just outstanding on the PK. Overall good defensive game. Just can't score.

Hronek - played a ton and was pretty much error free. Out of gas on the Penalty Shot (wish it had just been a penalty - would have ended the Yote PP and given us 4 on 3 with plenty of time - hated when the ref pointed at center)

Did Not like

Silvos - given how he looked coming into the season off the World Cup would say his season has been disappointing. Watching Abby don't know that Tolopilo isn't the better prspect. Silvos continues to look jittery and doesn't track the puck , at times, well at all.

Soucy - not finishing the season well. Big dropoff from form he showed through much of the season. Leaving gaps on defense too often as did Myers in this game.

Boeser - thought call was suspect and don't blame him much for it. However, he had so many chances to do something around the net and couldn't. Played some decent defense but you are never going to pay him for that. Team just affords him so many chances and he flubs too many. Did that consistently in this game.

Suter - did nothing all game and benched for much of it. Has done so little, for so long, you wonder if Podkolzin might be chosen over him.

Others

Pettersson - nice goal and maybe this gets him going. But for much of the time is just another player.

Lindholm - more in the play but still little finish on his shot or his passes. Still not looking like a top rung offensive player.

Guenter looked very good. I think underrated in his draft class. There for the Canucks to pick if they hadn't got involved in the Ekman- Larsen fiasco but likely Benning would have chosen someone else anyhow. Legacy (or curse) of good ole Elmer will play on for years.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yup.

I don't want to see Myers in the lineup during the playoffs but we are going to see him be paired with Hughes. Just watch.

This is like Willie D's love for pitiful scrubs like Megna and Chaput and Vey.

Putting a pile of shit next to fillet mignon does not make the pile of shit more appetizing, it just makes the fillet look like said pile of shit.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
The impression I get from the DeSmith signing...(which I think was a good one!)

We do not have a tender in the system that is at the journeyman age and is a capable backup.

We do have a couple younger guys that have starter potential but they need more work with Ian and more games.

We know DeSmith, and even though stylistically he doesn’t fit our longterm goalie model, he is worth bringing in as a goalie we know that will perform well relevant to salary costs AND not block the guys coming up through the system.

Now they need to find a new backup and get Silovs another year in the A.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
This is like Willie D's love for pitiful scrubs like Megna and Chaput and Vey.

Putting a pile of shit next to fillet mignon does not make the pile of shit more appetizing, it just makes the fillet look like said pile of shit.
Most coaches have a love affair with atleast one shit player so this isn't surprising.

Pogotheclown

Oct 11, 2015
Good game.
Even if you play well, you sometimes loose.

Theese two last game shows they are on the right path moving into the playoff.

Would like to see more from Lindholm.

Garland is beast mode.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
I liked Lindholm in his return. Won a few puck battles with the kind of aggression I didn’t see once in his previous games. You hope his time off has healed what was ailing him and he’s more like the player he was in Calgary to start the year.

Goaltending was the most obvious disadvantage in this game. My guess is Demko will be ready for Saturday and they’ll need him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Getting a penalty called instead of the penalty shot probably would've been better, you'd erase the ARI 4v3 for 30 seconds and get your own powerplay after for 90 seconds, ideally a 4v3 after a whistle.

And I'll say it.....this fanbase probably overrates Silovs

On the bright side, I thought Lindholm looked good, just don't expect much offense out of him if PDG is one of his wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad