Post-Game Talk: Coyotes def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Miller, Garland, Pettersson)

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
At least we don’t have to learn Utahnese and become a fan of the Salt Lake City Super Soakers

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Lindholm was really good. Tocchet straddling him with PDG and Mikheyev was not.

We saw Lindholm Miller Boeser and Joshua Pettersson Garland for the last 3-4 minutes and it was rockin’. Please just start some reasonable lines as we gear into the playoffs instead of blendering and forcing things that aren’t there

While I'll die on the Lotto line hill. I'd be fine with something like that for a period or two. Basically, anything resembling a cohesive plan. Putting Lindholm with two offensively challenged wingers makes his whole line little more than a cardio skate.

Tocchet has to accept Lindholm is not a line driver. You get mileage out of him by giving him offensive threats. We're treating him like Malhotra which is a waste of time.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Nobody will ever convince me that Myers that Hughes should play together

I’ve seen the data over years.
It is a massive sample

And I franking hate it and thank god it ends this season for good
I won't be happy until he hits UFA. Thanks for your service and all that but definitely time to move on. I don't care how little $$$ he takes to come back.

Reactions: quat and B-rock

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
The positive was that when we needed to tilt the game, we were able to.

Hughes was possessed in that 3rd. And we were able to come in waves there - not easy to do against any NHL team.

Still, too many mistakes overall. Hoglander/Myers selfish penalties. Lots of unforced errors in the neutral zone, unnecessary icings etc. These things kill you in the playoffs.

Reactions: Frostage

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
On the positive side, I loved Lindholm tonight - he needs to be in the top 6. And really a couple goals against were lucky bounces.

On the negative side... they just don't seem to want to win anymore. They don't play with any intensity until its 3-1 & their in a hole. Sure they controlled possession but not alot of shots, lots of having it on the outside & trying to force passes through traffic that were never going to work. 5-10 intense mins won't beat anyone.

Pacific Division is in serious jeopardy. Lose on Sat & its likely gone.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks coaches really dropped the ball in OT. Can't fathom Boeser being out there three-on-three. He simply doesn't skate well enough.

And some of Quinn Hughes shift-lengths were bordering on the ridiculous. It's just too bad it was Hronek who earned a penalty shot in OT. There was zero chance he'd ever score. One example of where a penalty shot call instead of a two minute minor actually hurt the Canucks.

But a squandered point is a squandered point. Now almost 'must win' Saturday in Edmonton if the Canucks have any hope of winning the Pacific.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
On the negative side... they just don't seem to want to win anymore. They don't play with any intensity until its 3-1 & their in a hole. Sure they controlled possession but not alot of shots, lots of having it on the outside & trying to force passes through traffic that were never going to work. 5-10 intense mins won't beat anyone.

they came out flying at the beginning of the second period and were caving phoenix in

the only problem is every pass was aimed at a teammate’s skates instead of his stick

Reactions: B-rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad