Post-Game Talk: Coyotes def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Miller, Garland, Pettersson)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
So after, what, two crappy games we are giving up on DeSmith despite his otherwise stellar year this year? And now Silovs is rubbish after his FIRST loss of the season in his role as No.3? If Demko comes back and we suffer from similar results what will all the Demko followers say? You all know what they will say doncha...

This. Both DeSmith and Silovs have been playing very well considering the fact that the team in front of them is crumbling. Maybe Demko's return will galvanize the team into playing better but even if that happens it's a bad sign IMHO...
Agree with some of what you are saying but Silovs/Desmith are not good starters so that puts us at a disadvantage.

We've been able to mitigate some of the drop off in talent with good defending but it rears itself in certain circumstances and that's not good and has been costing us. Playing "very well" for them is not good enough for the team and comparitively to what Demko does or other teams for that matter

Team hasn't been crumbling it's just starting to show that a lot of our shot generation is too much on the perimeter. Playing from behind is making it tougher also as we get less counterattack opportunities and deal with teams having numbers inside their half of the ice and the slot area.

There has been more poor efforts in the last month for the team

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks dominated early.....and then late to overcome a two-goal deficit and force OT. But in between....basically meh.

But I was somewhat encouraged by the late third period surge. It proves this team does have another level of commitment and intensity that they're going to need to go anywhere in the playoffs.

And Lindholm was a force in his first game back. Canucks were wise to shut him down until his wrist healed. The extra time off could make all the difference in the playoff grind.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Finally saw 3rd period/OT highlights.

Hronek dove at first contact. He would have been better off still trying to score and drawing a hooking penalty if he failed. A 4-on-3 PP is surely better odds than a penalty shot, especially from a defender.

tbh i don’t think he dove. he was at the end of a long PK shift and he had nothing left in the tank.

all the more reason why he should have just put his head down and fired it as hard as he can on the ensuing penalty shot, of course.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I'll say this one thing, Tocchet could have had someone else who was on the ice shoot for Hronek. It would have been the smart play and could have closed the game out for us.

However, the game didn't really matter. Why deny Hronek the chance on the only penalty shot he'll ever get in his whole career?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I'll say this one thing, Tocchet could have had someone else who was on the ice shoot for Hronek. It would have been the smart play and could have closed the game out for us.

However, the game didn't really matter. Why deny Hronek the chance on the only penalty shot he'll ever get in his whole career?
No he couldn't have unless Hronek was seriously injured.

You can choose who shoots amongst players on the ice for certain things (like a dman covering the puck in his crease) but if you're tripped on a breakaway, it's your penalty shot.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
We do, actually

Your turn with the lame response game.. My guess is you will say "no, really, we don't!".

Aww man...that will be awesome....can't wait.
No, really, we don't!

Or how about: I don't think there's a goalie in the organization exhibiting genuine starter potential. I watch Silovs and Tolopilo in Abbotsford. I don't watch Koskenvuo or Young but I don't see any stats or any reports that would indicate that either of them is exhibiting that kind of potential.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You have to give the Coyotes some props.....on almost the same day they found out their franchise was moving from Phoenix to 'Mormonville', they went out and beat the Canucks 3-2 in OT.

And then followed that up a couple of nights later with an equally improbable 3-2 OT win over the Oilers.

But why Salt Lake City? Apparently the NHL is buying the Coyotes for just over a billion, and selling it to owners in Utah for $1.3 - $1.4 billion. Money always talks

But at least the 'Mullet Arena" will always be an NHL talking point, just like the 'mullets' from the 1980's. NHL hockey in a 4,000 seat arena will never be 'back in fashion'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad