Coyotes at the World Cup

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I don't think his tournament has been that bad. He was on the ice for two of Team NAs goals yesterday, but I don't think you can pin either on him.
2nd NA goal yesterday was all on OEL who gave up the puck on the boards, then didn't cover Trocheck (who scored) in the slot.

He gets 1-4 more games to show everyone what he's capable of.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Z just scored, although looked like Hanzal might have tipped it.

Is it wrong for me to root against my home country?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Z and Hanzal had huge games. Hopefully they bring that kind of form back to AZ.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Shouldn't we be talking about exciting style of hockey coached by Tippett as part of this thread?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Shouldn't we be talking about exciting style of hockey coached by Tippett as part of this thread?

We were discussing that a bit in the roster thread. It's nice I guess but I'd also say he's coached in IIHF championships before but came back and did basically the same stuff.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

One of four assistants, better give him credit for everything positive.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

I was going to say something remarkably similar earlier, but decided to hold my heretical tongue :laugh:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

Two thoughts:

1. You need the roster that can execute fast and exciting. I thought the Coyotes were more fun to watch last year with Domi and the Duke in the mix. More skill will equate to more excitement.

2. Exciting doesn't necessarily win games (team NA failed to advance).

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

We were discussing that a bit in the roster thread. It's nice I guess but I'd also say he's coached in IIHF championships before but came back and did basically the same stuff.

I was going to say something remarkably similar earlier, but decided to hold my heretical tongue :laugh:

I have said it many times that NHL coaches coach to their teams talent and strengths, and this is a good example. They had one big advantage over the other teams and that was their speed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Two thoughts:

1. You need the roster that can execute fast and exciting. I thought the Coyotes were more fun to watch last year with Domi and the Duke in the mix. More skill will equate to more excitement.

2. Exciting doesn't necessarily win games (team NA failed to advance).

Exactly. Defense almost always wins.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
OEL only took 2 short shifts in the last 14+ minutes. Waiting with baited breath to see if he comes out for the third.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Europe knocked out Sweden, so OEL's tournament is done.

Toby Rieder goes for the gold vs. Canada.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Yet another poor international tournament for OEL. He needs to see a shrink before the next time he suits up in the Blue and Yellow

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yet another poor international tournament for OEL. He needs to see a shrink before the next time he suits up in the Blue and Yellow

I don't know why, but OEL starts out the NHL season slow and gets better as the year progresses. If he doesn't play to his capabilities with the Yotes this year, we are in for a lot of hurt.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I don't know why, but OEL starts out the NHL season slow and gets better as the year progresses. If he doesn't play to his capabilities with the Yotes this year, we are in for a lot of hurt.

I have noticed this with A LOT of Swedes. F.Forsberg, Karlsson, Silfverberg, Lindholm, Bäckström, Hörnquist, Landeskog etc.. I could continue naming Swedes that totally stink at the start of the seasons, only to then start dominating 20-30 games in.

Not sure if this is a question of poor summer training, conditioning or what, but it is a "thing".

Heck, Hedman is the same. Starts off pretty underwhelming and then get going for real at the mid-point, and find an extra gear during the post season.

Perhaps World Cup should've been in July instead of in September. ;)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Our ole pal Boedker is in the lineup tonight.

EDIT: Heh, great shift by him here in the 2nd.

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Not sure of Boedker is being used on the point by team Europe or if he rotated back to cover for a pinching defenseman. Either way, :laugh:

Also the CBC guys called him "Michael" Boeder :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad