Coyotes at the World Cup

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well Korpse is certainly working harder than he did his last year and change here. Finland looks awful though right now.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Well Korpse is certainly working harder than he did his last year and change here. Finland looks awful though right now.

Yeah USA is killing them, outside of a few chances off the rush Finland hasn't done anything. Laine did almost roof that one off the rush though. Risto is amazing. Laine has been insanely good too. I still think he may be better than Matthews.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Team USA appears much more physical than past national teams.

Melrose said last night that based on the pre-tournament games he doesn't believe there is a clear favorite. I'd probably still go Team Canada, but would agree that there isn't a huge difference between the top and bottom. Should be a great tournament with lots of surprise results.

3 more "practice" games today with the first one kicking off around noon.

cactus shake

Oct 22, 2013
Apologies American fans but this has been so much fun, USA getting everything they deserve for their roster selection. Losing every game doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility & actually feels like it could be the best thing long-term for them, to hopefully finally force a culture change where they look to pick the best available players. Though I still somewhat doubt that would do it.

Rieder looked to be in a great role on a line with Draisatl, who's looked really sharp. Hardly saw the ice 2nd period though. I love this hodgepodge team Europe. Hockey's so much more fun when Kopitar and Hossa are on a team you can cheer for.

cactus shake

Oct 22, 2013
It's amazing he's still getting such big opportunities. For entertainment purposes I'm glad he is, until the moment it's with your team.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Hanzal with the bone crushing hit on Stamkos.

Z....looks slower, if that's possible.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Not a great start for USA, but they can still advance.

The way I see it USA could advance at 2-1 or even possibly at 1-2. Might come down to the tie breaker.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Big game at noon today that could determine the fate of Team USA. If Europe secures their second win that could spell doom for the Americans even if they beat Canada and the Czechs.

Even if USA wins the remaining 2, you could end up with three teams at 2-1 and I don't think the Americans will fair well as of right now based on tie breakers.

Need Team Hanzal and Michalek to step up and beat the European mutts.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Hanzal looked great today, Z was moving well and drew a penalty in the 3rd.

Next up for Czech's, meaningless game vs US, who will likely play REAL angry.....I worry for Marty and Z's health.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Hanzal looked great today, Z was moving well and drew a penalty in the 3rd.

Next up for Czech's, meaningless game vs US, who will likely play REAL angry.....I worry for Marty and Z's health.

Could be meaningful game for U.S., and possibly the Czechs. No team has been eliminated yet.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Totally clean hit. Melrose said he deserved penalty, but not unless the rules have changed. Stayed on his feet, led with shoulder. Swedish player had his head down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad