Coyotes at the World Cup

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Watching the game and seeing that old habits die hard with Mikkel Boedker. Gain the zone, refuse to advance or shoot, cut back to the point.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
What's the point, apart from putting pressure on the IOC, what's really the point? This is a contrived tournament.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
My entertainment and cash money for those holding the tournament seems good enough to me. Game tonight has been 5/5.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I know many don't like the concept but I LOVE the u23 team being added.

Decoyote

Nov 20, 2014
Norfolk, VA
I know many don't like the concept but I LOVE the u23 team being added.

They were fun to watch. I only caught the NA/EU game last night and it was entertaining. It was much less sloppy than I anticipated but that was mostly due to team NA. I can't wait to see them play against one of the powerhouses. Those jerseys are awful though.

Rieder looked good last night in his limited role. Boedker looked out of place.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Definitely CA vs US, then Finland Sweden. NA vs EU was decent for a period or so then fell off in entertainment value. Didn't see Russia vs CR.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Definitely CA vs US, then Finland Sweden. NA vs EU was decent for a period or so then fell off in entertainment value. Didn't see Russia vs CR.

Can v US was very chippy, especially for an exhibition. Makes you a little concerned about how many guys will start the season on IR because of the WC

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What's the point, apart from putting pressure on the IOC, what's really the point? This is a contrived tournament.

Exactly. It's all for the fans, but I'm getting to the point where I don't even watch these tournaments anymore.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They were fun to watch. I only caught the NA/EU game last night and it was entertaining. It was much less sloppy than I anticipated but that was mostly due to team NA. I can't wait to see them play against one of the powerhouses. Those jerseys are awful though.

Rieder looked good last night in his limited role. Boedker looked out of place.

I heard their names mentioned twice and both times I couldn't find them on the ice.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Exactly. It's all for the fans, but I'm getting to the point where I don't even watch these tournaments anymore.

The IIHF World Championship is not fully supported by all the best players due to the timing, but I think it would be great to have either a World Cup or Olympics every two years with the best of the best. Other than the IIHF Juniors, the other tournament can go away.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I only watched USA-CAN, but the level of intensity was impressive for a scrimmage. I actually look forward to the tourney.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Can v US was very chippy, especially for an exhibition. Makes you a little concerned about how many guys will start the season on IR because of the WC

Yes. After watching some of the brutal hits in that game, I've never been happier that so few Coyotes are in the tournament.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Yes. After watching some of the brutal hits in that game, I've never been happier that so few Coyotes are in the tournament.

Yeah I've watched a little bit of the exhibitions so far and I wouldn't doubt for a second that there end up being a couple significant injuries by the end of the tourney...especially if USA and CAN meet in a medal game. That was just a scrimmage and there were dirty hits all over the place. I like the intensity, but it's a little unfortunate at the same time. The NHL continues to act like they give a crap about player safety while simultaneously doing nothing about it. Fining a multi-millionaire $5,000 isn't really going to resonate anymore...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I only watched USA-CAN, but the level of intensity was impressive for a scrimmage. I actually look forward to the tourney.

It all started with the 1972 Summit Series, Canada vs Russia. That's when the country more or less stopped everything. Not much was discussed about the series until Russia beat Canada in the first game, then the war was on. I would imagine most of the posters weren't even born when this series took place.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Watching the Czech v Russia replay. Very physical game as well. Michalek dropping the gloves....Milan that is.

Hanzal's beard has really filled out. Looks like he's planning on making the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad