GDT: Coyotes at Sabres - SPECIAL-RUN TANK TALK EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Saying "you're being paid a lot of money to put up with this" is different than saying "you are rich so nothing should upset you". The players have reason to be upset but if they have even the slightest bit of perspective they will understand people who've been spending thousands of dollars on the team for years are upset with a potential meaningless win that could drastically hurt the fate of the franchise. They're getting paid millions of dollars to deal with how the fans react, and the fans are paying that money. That's not going to stop them from feeling upset but no one should particularly care how they feel about it any more than the players don't care about how very much everyone wants them to finish last.

Agree and I'd suggest that several members of the teamwere actually brought into this situation to deal with this exact situation....at a premium to what they would get elsewhere.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
in reality, if/when the sabres lock up 30th before buffalo's last home game, the crowd is going to be louder than it has been all season and all of this will have been forgotten

honestly, fans are aching to cheer for wins again. if it's in the bag before the carolina or pittsburgh games, the house will be rocking

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Please can we just forget about the cheering thing and take in that we're almost done the tank? Please?

I remember how relieved I was that we were done the regular season last year and that feeling is creeping in, only difference is that the prize can be that much more important this summer compared to next summer. God I'm looking forward to 15-16 soooo much
this. its 3.26.15. nobody will gaf what 'happened' within a certain faction of fans in a live setting. its just a matter of time and we will root again.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Please can we just forget about the cheering thing and take in that we're almost done the tank? Please?

I remember how relieved I was that we were done the regular season last year and that feeling is creeping in, only difference is that the prize can be that much more important this summer compared to next summer. God I'm looking forward to 15-16 soooo much

Thank you!

The D-baggery on this forum among the cyber geeks here who have never played hockey never ceases to amaze me.

We picked up a point today in the fight against Arizona. Edmonton isn't going to be a problem.

This was a great night tonight. That won't stop the nitwittery here though!

Why come together as Sabres fans when anonymous strangers can fight amongst themselves about meaningless BS!? It's what the forum is all about!

:cry::shakehead:rant::rant::rant:

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
Understanding and giving a **** are two different things. When you're wheezing your lungs out and putting your face in front of shots so you can listen to people openly mock you, the future of the franchise means **** to you.

I think it's bad enough they have to ignore it in the media and on the internet. I think it's beyond the pale to show up at the game and make them hear how little you think of them. It's cruel, for no reason. Stay home.

yes the poor poor professional hockey players having to endure boo's, the poor players are so sad that the fans are happy and showing it......

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Saying "you're being paid a lot of money to put up with this" is different than saying "you are rich so nothing should upset you". The players have reason to be upset but if they have even the slightest bit of perspective they will understand people who've been spending thousands of dollars on the team for years are upset with a potential meaningless win that could drastically hurt the fate of the franchise. They're getting paid millions of dollars to deal with how the fans react, and the fans are paying that money. That's not going to stop them from feeling upset but no one should particularly care how they feel about it any more than the players don't care about how very much everyone wants them to finish last.

I know exactly what it means, hence the rhetorical question

I don't think it's reasonable to ask anyone to remain stoic about people being tacky/gauche/what have you even if those people have a right to feel that way

dismissing someone being upset toward something that's reasonably upsetting is a bridge too far for me and i was hoping that people might come to that conclusion themselves

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
also who are the 275 people reading this thread, where were you for all the GDTs

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
You guys baffle me. Be happy. We're all devastated. Someone needs to be happy! Happy happy happy! Joy joy joy!

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
lol. What was the commentary during the game from fans/announcers etc..especially in OT?

Was at the bar with 3 games on and only audio for the Ottawa game..

Karate Johnson*

I would trade the entire team on the ice tonight for McDavid.

If you told me right now you canny have anyone on the team today, but you get McDavid I'd take it.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I would trade the entire team on the ice tonight for McDavid.

If you told me right now you canny have anyone on the team today, but you get McDavid I'd take it.

In a heartbeat, but would you go out of your way to say this to every player's face

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005

Hey, the Islanders lost again too! :naughty:

Clock

May 13, 2006
Alright, this is going off-topic now. Tank talk can continue in the regular tank thread, and if someone wants to kick off something about Weber being fired up / tank cheering in the arena, that's obviously cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad