GDT: Coyotes at Sabres - SPECIAL-RUN TANK TALK EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Let's get this tank thread back on track. If someone wants to argue about perception great. Buffalo always gets sh^& on in the national media. The only way this changes is to win big.

The funniest person calling into WGR told Howard Simon, "What about your kids? What will you tell them? How does losing teach your kid the right thing?"

I don't have a kid but I would want to teach him how to think of the big picture and adopt the correct strategy rather than be a dummy. No one for the tank wants the players to lose on purpose, other than some joking about it. We just want the result.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Ashley Judd is a Pro Tank Sabre fan all the way after Yotes score.

Lady behind her is a moralist.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
i think people need to take a step back and realize…. who cares about the players feelings

it isn't like we cheered an injury lol…

i work for a top ten law firm. If my boss said, we have to lose the case…. we are losing

Theres a difference between booing bad play, giving a bronx cheer, and booing when they do something right, or actively cheering for the opponent. The players can understand being booed for bad play or getting the bronx cheer, I can understand why the players may be upset with what the fans did at the game, someone like PK or Weber who always give their all no matter what. Now you might see some players use it as a motivation for the last handful of games.

Karate Johnson*

Understanding and giving a **** are two different things. When you're wheezing your lungs out and putting your face in front of shots so you can listen to people openly mock you, the future of the franchise means **** to you.

I think it's bad enough they have to ignore it in the media and on the internet. I think it's beyond the pale to show up at the game and make them hear how little you think of them. It's cruel, for no reason. Stay home.

The future of this organization is in no way related to Mike Weber, Brian Gionta, or about 14 other guys on the ice for Buffalo tonight.

The majority of our roster are placeholders and nothing more.

Gionta got paid twice what he's worth to be the smiling captain of the worst team in hockey and Weber has been garbage his entire career.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011

I don't have a kid but I would want to teach him how to think of the big picture and adopt the correct strategy rather than be a dummy.
No one for the tank wants the players to lose on purpose, other than some joking about it. We just want the result.

Exactly. There's a reason that work smarter, not harder is a saying.

Tyler2829

Jun 20, 2009
Rochester, NY
Theres a difference between booing bad play, giving a bronx cheer, and booing when they do something right, or actively cheering for the opponent. The players can understand being booed for bad play or getting the bronx cheer, I can understand why the players may be upset with what the fans did at the game, someone like PK or Weber who always give their all no matter what. Now you might see some players use it as a motivation for the last handful of games.

Wasn't Weber the one who got mad when the fans were booing their awful play a couple years ago?

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I don't understand. It didn't sound terrible. The Rangers contingent was louder a couple of games then the faux-yotes were this game.

Are you comparing Rangers fans cheering for the Rangers to Sabres fans cheering for the Coyotes? What it actually sounded like or how loud it was isn't really the point here.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Bill Belichick routinely doesn't even value winning players that have helped him just win a Superbowl. Why should we start caring about the feeling of fringe players? If they don't like it ship them out, no loss.

We'll take those who are into winning AND can actually do it on the team next year.

JackTheRipper

Feb 11, 2015
Mike Webber can **** off. He's one of the main reasons why this team has been terrible the last 2 seasons. Murray should cut his ass tomorrow.

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
seriously, I am not a fan of most of the players on the team. I am not a fan of weber, delouries, beniot, and most of these guys that Iv'e barely heard of.....I am fan on the franchise and what happened tonight was GOOD for the franchise, I am a fan of the Franchise. I dont want the players to try to lose, but I am glad that they are losing. and also I really don't care that weber felt upset, he is a rich NHL player, they all are and I quite frankly as a fan who buys their merchandise, tickets, and pay their salary with the money I earn from my 9-5 job.......I jumped up and screamed when gianta tied it, I was mad, and then I jumped up and cheered when Arizone won it in OT.....I DON'T CARE IF I UPSET THESE PLAYERS......I was at my own home, but I don't think the people who cheered at the game were disrespectful either......who is weber to get mad at the people who paid to watch him play.....seriously, anyone who thinks it was "rude" think about our lives compared to them.....we want a superstar

Pondslider

Sep 17, 2006
Buffalo
when i saw some sabres fans jump up to celebrate the coyotes scoring in ot, my reflex gut reaction was "that's disappointing to see." i'm just as on board with the direction of the sabres and the race to the bottom as anybody and i understand the mechanics of this rebuild. but as a lifelong fan, it's still a conflicting feeling. and i think that's a completely fair viewpoint that any sabres fan is entitled to.

Agree with everything.

Bps21*

Sabres players....i mean....it shouldn't be hard for them to understand. The 2014-15 version of their team is awful. We've all started cheering for next years version.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Can we stop arguing and start being happy that we practically just put 30th out of reach for any other team? That's right, we're getting McEichel.

I feel like you're jumping the gun a little. Winning streaks have happened before, even to bad teams. The Leafs game keeps me worried, tbh.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
what amount of money divides people who should deal with it from people who shouldn't

Saying "you're being paid a lot of money to put up with this" is different than saying "you are rich so nothing should upset you". The players have reason to be upset but if they have even the slightest bit of perspective they will understand people who've been spending thousands of dollars on the team for years are upset with a potential meaningless win that could drastically hurt the fate of the franchise. They're getting paid millions of dollars to deal with how the fans react, and the fans are paying that money. That's not going to stop them from feeling upset but no one should particularly care how they feel about it any more than the players don't care about how very much everyone wants them to finish last.

It's one game. This is the only time this season anything like this has happened that I've noticed and it's likely the last time unless the final home game determines position.

ZeroPT*

Please can we just forget about the cheering thing and take in that we're almost done the tank? Please?

I remember how relieved I was that we were done the regular season last year and that feeling is creeping in, only difference is that the prize can be that much more important this summer compared to next summer. God I'm looking forward to 15-16 soooo much

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
The future of this organization is in no way related to Mike Weber, Brian Gionta, or about 14 other guys on the ice for Buffalo tonight.

The majority of our roster are placeholders and nothing more.

Gionta got paid twice what he's worth to be the smiling captain of the worst team in hockey and Weber has been garbage his entire career.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad