GDT: Coyotes at Sabres - SPECIAL-RUN TANK TALK EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
Considering that the organization prefers to finish last I don't understand what this supposed to indicate to you. Fans wanting the team to finish in 30th rather than 29th just like those running the team prefer means the organization is bottom of the barrel?

That sounds like an argument from 2-3 years ago. Is it suddenly a new thing to people that the Sabres suck right now?

And a year or two down the line, with either McDavid or Eichel in the lineup, and the team is contending, people will forget about tonight, and look back and be thankful this all happened. These reactions are exactly what the opponents want them to be. That means they're right.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
For wanting a generational player as opposed to truly meaningless points in April.

I think players understand what's going on here.

Understanding and giving a **** are two different things. When you're wheezing your lungs out and putting your face in front of shots so you can listen to people openly mock you, the future of the franchise means **** to you.

I think it's bad enough they have to ignore it in the media and on the internet. I think it's beyond the pale to show up at the game and make them hear how little you think of them. It's cruel, for no reason. Stay home.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
that said this is all just gauche and disrespectful at worst, not some massive ethical conundrum

This. It's a game played on ice with sticks. Some perspective. Buffalo doesn't have a black eye because they cheered for the most logically productive outcome in a sports game.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
unless they're cheering an injury or throwing stuff on the ice or whatever, there's really no excuse for players to call out fans. it's funny how quickly the "they paid for the tickets they have every right to boo" canned response goes out the window when it's not a convenient way to get through an end-of-game interview

BSGreg

Mar 10, 2014
Raleigh, NC
I don't see how most of you didn't see this coming. Put several thousand drunk people in a small space with something they care about=what happened tonight. I for one, could not be happier!! Almost home, come April 18th we will forget all of this even happened!

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
i think people need to take a step back and realize…. who cares about the players feelings

it isn't like we cheered an injury lol…

i work for a top ten law firm. If my boss said, we have to lose the case…. we are losing

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Can we stop arguing and start being happy that we practically just put 30th out of reach for any other team? That's right, we're getting McEichel.

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
Understanding and giving a **** are two different things. When you're wheezing your lungs out and putting your face in front of shots so you can listen to people openly mock you, the future of the franchise means **** to you.

I think it's bad enough they have to ignore it in the media and on the internet. I think it's beyond the pale to show up at the game and make them hear how little you think of them. It's cruel, for no reason. Stay home.

get a grip…

no one was mocking anyone

and they are getting paid… JESUS ALMIGHTY!… work hard. get the pay check… the client doesn't' like the work? work harder

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
DOnt you mean, aren't we cheering for our players to be injured?

People are happy Ennis does not come back.

Personally I could care less if the fans boo, it is there dollar and their choice to be a sabres fan.

No, I meant what I was asking. Most people would argue that cheering for another team's players to get injured ought not to be done, though it would invariably create a greater chance of winning

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'd bet on it that the idiots doing the cheering had a few in them. I don't see why that's so hard to believe. I'm on your side anyway.

I'm sure some did and some didn't. Same as the ones cheering for Buffalo.

I don't think it was classy to cheer when AZ score but it is what it is. The players will be pissy about until this god awful season is over, and forget all about it next year.

ZeroPT*

Can we stop arguing and start being happy that we practically just put 30th out of reach for any other team? That's right, we're getting McEichel.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You people are making superstitious people like me go crazy

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
Could this have anything to actually do with our team not being any good??? All this talk about tank!!! We are just an awful team right now.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
There's a pretty obvious difference being that it's Sabres fans, not Rangers or Leafs fans. I get the players not being happy about it but given the strong reaction from Weber it makes you think they didn't expect it which shows how out of touch they must be.

The noise level wasnt loud enough to warrant a response unless the players were looking out for it in the first place. You have to expect cheers to the yotes given the circumstance. I thought the crowd was respectful enough not to garner a response. When the players say something, that's going to create a story. A player had to consider what light they're putting the city in when they make comments like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad