GDT: Coyotes at Sabres - SPECIAL-RUN TANK TALK EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-lottery-connor-mcdavid-jack-eichel/70459464/

When the Buffalo Sabres host the Arizona Coyotes Thursday night, winning is in neither team's long-term best interest.

"People who follow these teams closely know that the course of each franchise could turn with these remaining games," Sabres fan Mike Madden said.

The Sabres (20-46-7) are last in the NHL with 47 points, and the Coyotes (22-44-8) are five points ahead of them.

"We know that success isn't an extra W in the win column," Madden said. "It's losing and increasing your chance to draft one of (Connor) McDavid or (Jack) Eichel."

tank_PNG1320.png

CA-4PyLVAAAIl_S.jpg

G3OWpmW.jpg
[/IMG]

world-of-tanks-top.jpg

CBBjsWVWQAEG8jX.jpg:large

CA5iCAiWYAEkUvq.jpg:large

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Sabs, Yotes face off to start a Five Day McEichel fest

I don’t think there is anyone in either city who doesn’t want their team to finish last to guarantee a top-two pick. Some fans may still be reluctant to admit to wanting losses, but all fans should know the greater good and grasp what is at stake. This is the kind of thing where, if you don’t end up with a top two pick, you look back to this game twenty years from now and wonder what could have been.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Sorry Timmy but I found better use for your jersey tonight !

This is comiCal. If fans did this by putting the Arizona name of the number on your sabres jersey I think it's a fun way to make light of it all.

Cheering openly for a coyotes goal in our arena is tough to fathom.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Cheering openly for a coyotes goal in our arena is tough to fathom.

We Coyotes fans have it easier than you. I go to each home game fully cheering on the Mutts to score, knowing that no matter how lights-out Smith plays for 97% of the game, he is 1000% reliable in giving up some truly awful goals against. Thus, I don't need to cheer for the opposing team to score - I just know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're going to, and in the most embarrassing fashion possible. :cry:

Mike Smith may be the greatest tank goalie of all time, what with his inability to hold onto his stick, his flopping and diving, his insistence on a "swagger" game that has resulted in THREE "butt goals," etc. What's especially glorious about it is that he absolutely is not doing any of this (except the diving ****) on purpose.

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
We Coyotes fans have it easier than you. I go to each home game fully cheering on the Mutts to score, knowing that no matter how lights-out Smith plays for 97% of the game, he is 1000% reliable in giving up some truly awful goals against. Thus, I don't need to cheer for the opposing team - I just know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're going to, and in the most embarrassing fashion possible. :cry:

Mike Smith may be the greatest tank goalie of all time, what with his inability to hold onto his stick, his flopping and diving, his insistence on a "swagger" game that has resulted in THREE "butt goals," etc. What's especially glorious about it is that he absolutely is not doing any of this (except the diving ****) on purpose.

I laughed so hard at The losing of the stick and the fish out of water idea. Both drive me the old school dman crazy

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Ominous sign: The two referees tonight have seen about 33% of Buffalo's wins

Dean Morton #36
Buffalo: 3-1
Coyotes: 1-1
Calls more penalties on the home team, but the home team still has a record of 24-18 in his games. 19% of his games go to OT/SO

Rob Martell #26
Buffalo: 4-1
Coyotes: 2-4
Calls close to an even game, and the away team has a slightly better record (39-33). About 32% of Martell's games go to OT/SO

So the refs tonight have a combined record of
Buffalo: 7-2
Coyotes: 3-5

Last edited:

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
So if things are looking tight, who's gonna throw something on the ice to snag us a bench minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad