Coyotes Arena Situation - Part 2(weeks) - Arena Site Chosen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Pretty vague. We'll see how soon LeBlanc speaks and how specific he gets.

Yeah, getting permission to develop the land is not the same as having secured financing and all that. Good news is that there should be no real legal challenges.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
More than I was expecting TBH.

As long as it satisifes the concerns of any agents/players, that's the big part.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
kypreos went on after the interview, joking about he asks the hard questions and how he helped break the arena news.

Kypreos can be a jerk, but after hearing the interview he said it was tongue in cheek. I like Gogo's response.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Pretty vague. We'll see how soon LeBlanc speaks and how specific he gets.

You wanted an announcement and you got one. Time to enjoy the draft and chill out. This team will be here for years to come. Now, you should go and buy a couple of season tickets for you and your better half. Lets support this team!:)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You wanted an announcement and you got one. Time to enjoy the draft and chill out. This team will be here for years to come. Now, you should go and buy a couple of season tickets for you and your better half. Lets support this team!:)

Huh? I see an article with LeBlanc declining comment. That's the opposite o an announcement. Haha.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
IA - "Don't worry guys, we've found where we're going to build the new arena! Now.. who's going to pay for it?" :laugh:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Wow, what a ****. Only guy that didn't say some ********* thing was the guy on the far left who didn't ever crack a smile when that sack of **** made that comment.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Great to hear, but with all the ridiculous things that have happened in this saga I want firm commitment and details. Show my some dry ink IA. Still better than nothing though.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I was on a plane when the news (?) broke. I guess we're getting more details tomorrow? My guess is the Scottsdale Six parcel.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
I watch that hockey central at noon show almost every day and I wouldnt take what Kypreos and Maclean say too seriously. Obviously they aren't real journalists they are just ex-hockey guys, and honestly they just try to keep the show a little entertaining and make little wisecracks like that to pretty much every guest that they bring on the show.... some of you guys are overreacting. Maclean brings on his GM buddies alllll the time to the show and they call in and he usually ****s with them with like 2 out of his 3 questions lol. Nothing to really get mad about

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007

Downtown Phoenix I'm guessing, I'm hoping he's not looking at building one (sorry, haven't followed this much recently), but at least he knows where he wants it?

SportsRacer21

Mar 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
Wouldn't a public/private financed arena rule out the previously reported location on tribal lands?

Wouldn't a special tax district created by the legislature rule out the ASU site since that location has it's own sports district?

Wouldn't the Coyotes privately financing 50+% of the funding rule out a downtown Phoenix arena (since hypothetically a downtown arena would include funding from the Suns)? And how does this ownership group even have the funds to finance 50+% of an arena?

This was not the info I was expecting to hear, it just raises more questions than answers.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wouldn't the Coyotes privately financing 50+% of the funding rule out a downtown Phoenix arena (since hypothetically a downtown arena would include funding from the Suns)? And how does this ownership group even have the funds to finance 50+% of an arena?

They don't, it'd have to be pretty creative. Last time they publicly said anything, they said up to 100m in their own funds. That's not 50% of an arena. And even then, I imagine they're selling 30+ years worth of naming rights to get to that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad