Coyotes Arena Situation - Part 2(weeks) - Arena Site Chosen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Don't start going all BoH on me...... :punk:

hehehe... (c'mon, you know I'm yer biggest fan over there)

Looked it up ("...so you don't have to!") - it's 56 miles from there to GRA. You could fly quicker from GRA to the 'other' QC than inline skate to our QC. If you had an in at Luke AFB anyway....

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Well, I was hoping they'd have some sort of announcement related to any possible new arena deals before UFA opened. I guess we can mark any of the top UFAs off our list :(

Luckily we don't need too many top line folks, so we'll probably be okay.

Needs going into July 1st:
2 RWs (lines 3 and 4--since odds are against a 2nd liner signing here unless it's for one season)
2 D (for 3rd/2nd pairing)
An arena site to call our own (2017-2018 and beyond) :hockey:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Well, I was hoping they'd have some sort of announcement related to any possible new arena deals before UFA opened. I guess we can mark any of the top UFAs off our list :(

If Goligoski - the top D UFA available at the time - could be convinced in less than 24 hours that it was safe to sign, then we shouldn't have any particular issues about this for anyone else.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Yet, some won't let it go.

I'm sure it will work out in the end (a new arena), but pending UFAs (at least the higher echelon ones) may not be as "trusting" as I am, and could decide to sign similar (or slightly less) deals to a more "stable" team.

I'd be happy for Tippka to prove me wrong, of course ;)

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I'm sure it will work out in the end (a new arena), but pending UFAs (at least the higher echelon ones) may not be as "trusting" as I am, and could decide to sign similar (or slightly less) deals to a more "stable" team.

I'd be happy for Tippka to prove me wrong, of course ;)
we want no part of the Okposo 7x7 type deals.

It's Fools Gold Day (in addition to Canada Day). Beware young Chayka!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Top line UFAs? I'm sure that we lost Stamos because the arena arrangement hasn't been announced. We plucked the arguably #2 UFA up before the start by signing Gogo. The arena didn't seem to effect him one bit.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

No, not sarcastic. It's the "wants vs. needs" approach

Do I "want" more top line forwards? Yes! Do we "need" more top line forwards at this point in our rebuild? No.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
we want no part of the Okposo 7x7 type deals.

There are several other "in-demand" UFAs that this may have an effect on: Friesen, Eriksson, Backes, Purcell, Hudler, Perron, Demers, and possibly Crouwer. Admittedly, all of the above aren't the "highest" echelon players in the league, but their services may be pursued for by several teams.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I heard that there will be some news in about :help:2 weeks

article_028f87ba-44cf-4640-918e-576c4d48c4f4.jpg

Karson37

Jul 25, 2012
It sounds like the arena site is likely at McClintock/Hayden and McKellips where the old drive-in theater used to be. God that would be so awesome.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I have a nervous feeling the arena situation is far more precarious than they'd have us believe.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I have a nervous feeling the arena situation is far more precarious than they'd have us believe.

They just need to close the financing gap. There's several sites, each with eager partners. It has always been about the dollars. There's nothing else standing in the way. It would be nice if the league canceled their existing debt with the team and then issued them a new line of low interest credit for the same amount in the name of franchise security, but I get the impression the league doesn't love the Coyotes that much.

The talk of banking on a special financing district is crap, though. Hard to get that through and legally unchallenged. Hulsizer and bonds all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad