Coyotes Arena Discussion (Crowdsourced real estate detective work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I get the point you guys are trying to make with this, but there is such a thing as priorities. Family, possibly getting out of debt with student loans etc

Bring the fam to the game! Buy generic, raise your own foodstuffs (hydroponics, man), or buy in bulk...it can be done with proper sacrifice. :sarcasm:

Student loan debt? Find a job where the government will pay them off, default on loans, claim bankruptcy, borrow against your pension, or fake your own death in order to avoid paying them...sacrifices must be made! :sarcasm:

It's all about how you spend your disposable income. If you live a semi-minimalistic life (which is not too difficult to do), you could possibly swing a season (or partial season) ticket. For those that have some disposable income, I hope they consider season tickets, for those that don't, don't fret (or perhaps find a second job). EV, WV, do what you can and what fits into your schedule the rest is :deadhorse:

"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." ~Rabindranath Tagore
"Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it." ~Rabindranath Tagore
"The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous." ~Rabindranath Tagore​

Last edited:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Susquehanna Valley, although technically I live there :)

Not on my salary, unless the state of Pennsylvania gives me a huge raise :laugh:

I do try to figure out if I can plan a trip out there when the season schedules are out, but I have to be able to hit at least 2-3 competitive home games or it's not worth the expense. So, I guess I fail there as a fan.

This season, I could only hit the Caps/Avs games or the Preds/Rangers games, and I can't say I'd be too interested in seeing the Avs bout
If you make it out this season, I'll give you my tickets to one of the games. Good seats, Section 121, 3rd row. Shoot me a PM and we can coordinate.

edit: I assume you meant this past season for Caps/Avs/Preds/Rangers.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
Bring the fam to the game! Buy generic, raise your own foodstuffs (hydroponics, man), or buy in bulk...it can be done with proper sacrifice. :sarcasm:

Student loan debt? Find a job where the government will pay them off, default on loans, claim bankruptcy, borrow against your pension, or fake your own death in order to avoid paying them...sacrifices must be made! :sarcasm:

It's all about how you spend your disposable income. If you live a semi-minimalistic life (which is not too difficult to do), you could possibly swing a season (or partial season) ticket. For those that have some disposable income, I hope they consider season tickets, for those that don't, don't fret (or perhaps find a second job). EV, WV, do what you can and what fits into your schedule the rest is :deadhorse:

"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." ~Rabindranath Tagore
"Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it." ~Rabindranath Tagore
"The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous." ~Rabindranath Tagore​

What in the blue hell are you even talking about right now?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I've gotten to the "why worry, be happy" stage. (stage 5). If they go I catch some LV games. If they stay I keep my season tickets.

I suspect that we will see about 4-5 years of 1 year leases in Glendale until either a new barn is constructed in the EV or in Portland (or Seattle).

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

"Money Talks" - another esoteric poet from the last century.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I've gotten to the "why worry, be happy" stage. (stage 5). If they go I catch some LV games. If they stay I keep my season tickets.

I suspect that we will see about 4-5 years of 1 year leases in Glendale until either a new barn is constructed in the EV or in Portland (or Seattle).
This is where I'm at, just without the season ticket part (for this and next season at least).

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
If you make it out this season, I'll give you my tickets to one of the games. Good seats, Section 121, 3rd row. Shoot me a PM and we can coordinate.

edit: I assume you meant this past season for Caps/Avs/Preds/Rangers.

No, this season, they are the only teams I'd be able to hit both while out there Caps/Avs in December or Preds/Rangers in January.

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it once I figure out if I can head out. Most likely it would be in January.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
What in the blue hell are you even talking about right now?

Life, materialism, and living within one's means :)

"When old words die out on the tongue, new melodies break forth from the heart; and where the old tracks are lost, new country is revealed with its wonders." ~ Tagore

"If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars." ~Tagore

"The wise man warns me that life is but a dewdrop on the lotus leaf." ~Tagore​

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The truth hurts doesn't it.:)

One man's "truth" is often found to be fantasy.

There is such a thing as real life, Jakey.

I went from being a 7-10 game annual attendee to zero. Because when you're unemployed for a stretch of a year or so (twice) and underwater on your home so deep you have to bail out of it. Then end up supporting not only your adult kids but their kids too..... then try to get one through college on top of it all (had to pull her out of NAU this summer because the $400-500 per month we sent just to cover her rent was more than we could handle).

If being "pathetic" means you have priorities which involve keeping a roof over the heads of your grandchildren (ages 2 and 3) or helping your daughter achieve her goals without anchoring her own future in debt instead of buying a few hockey tickets.... then so be it.

I'm sure there are others in a similar situation as mine. Some might even be in worse shape (hopefully not).

However.... to me..... being "pathetic" is also someone sitting at a keyboard heaping judgement upon others he neither knows anything about.... nor understands.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

I went from being a 7-10 game annual attendee to zero. Because when you're unemployed for a stretch of a year or so (twice) and underwater on your home so deep you have to bail out of it. Then end up supporting not only your adult kids but their kids too..... then try to get one through college on top of it all (had to pull her out of NAU this summer because the $400-500 per month we sent just to cover her rent was more than we could handle).

If being "pathetic" means you have priorities which involve keeping a roof over the heads of your grandchildren (ages 2 and 3) or helping your daughter achieve her goals without anchoring her own future in debt instead of buying a few hockey tickets.... then so be it.

I'm sure there are others in a similar situation as mine. Some might even be in worse shape (hopefully not).

However.... to me..... being "pathetic" is also someone sitting at a keyboard heaping judgement upon others he neither knows anything about.... nor understands.
Evisceration.

Toadie

Mar 24, 2015
Calgary AB
I have a lot of respect for you Legend. More and more often now kids seem to come back home and its great that you are still there for them :handclap:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I wouldn't take the pathetic fan base thing personally. There are people with circumstances all over every city in the nation, many of them hockey fans. What you are really saying, with the hardship argument, is that we don't have enough hockey fans here.

I don't think that's true either, I think we don't have enough vested in this franchise.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I wouldn't take the pathetic fan base thing personally. There are people with circumstances all over every city in the nation, many of them hockey fans. What you are really saying, with the hardship argument, is that we don't have enough hockey fans here.

I don't think that's true either, I think we don't have enough vested in this franchise.

Absolutley correct. The problem isn't that there are too many fans like me who are only willing to go to more than a handful of games a season when they aren't disgusted with the direction of the team. There problem is that there aren't enough fans like me. When I last approved of the team direction, I went to around 10 games a year. With a 2yr old and a newborn due in 7wks, I expect to attend no more than 1-2 games this season. My wife and I work very long hours and I usually leave the office between 6:30-7:30 on weeknights. We're both fairly young and at the stage where we have to put in extra effort to move our careers along. I'm half a decade away from attending a weeknight game. That won't change. If my team year old becomes interested in the game in the next 2-5 years, I'll likely attend at least one weekend game a month. If my children don't become hockey fans, I'm unwilling to surrender my free time with them (it is precious, and finite) to go watch a hockey game in Glendale. I'm the grown man. I'm the one who sacrifices for them. Not them for me.

It's funny that some consider indulging more fully into their hobby as a self sacrifice of some kind. If it truly comes at a large personal cost (in terms of quality time with meaningful people) than it isn't a case of dedication, it's a case of ****ed up priorities. This team needs 10,000 more suburban dads with disposable income enough to attend a handful of games a season and to buy tons of merchandise and to engage with their peers about the team. This team does not need 10,000 fewer.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Sorry to hear about your hardships, but ALL markets have fans like you, and I would imagine there are other locals that have gone through what you are going through. We have a metro population of over 4 million, but we can't find 15k to attend games on a regular bases. Pathetic.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Absolutley correct. The problem isn't that there are too many fans like me who are only willing to go to more than a handful of games a season when they aren't disgusted with the direction of the team. There problem is that there aren't enough fans like me. When I last approved of the team direction, I went to around 10 games a year. With a 2yr old and a newborn due in 7wks, I expect to attend no more than 1-2 games this season. My wife and I work very long hours and I usually leave the office between 6:30-7:30 on weeknights. We're both fairly young and at the stage where we have to put in extra effort to move our careers along. I'm half a decade away from attending a weeknight game. That won't change. If my team year old becomes interested in the game in the next 2-5 years, I'll likely attend at least one weekend game a month. If my children don't become hockey fans, I'm unwilling to surrender my free time with them (it is precious, and finite) to go watch a hockey game in Glendale. I'm the grown man. I'm the one who sacrifices for them. Not them for me.

It's funny that some consider indulging more fully into their hobby as a self sacrifice of some kind. If it truly comes at a large personal cost (in terms of quality time with meaningful people) than it isn't a case of dedication, it's a case of ****ed up priorities. This team needs 10,000 more suburban dads with disposable income enough to attend a handful of games a season and to buy tons of merchandise and to engage with their peers about the team. This team does not need 10,000 fewer.

I understand your situation. I have been there and done that as many others have and your priorities change as you age and circumstances change, but don't use this as an excuse for not going to games. What I'm saying is with a population at over 4 million and the team calling Phoenix home for 20 yrs. we can't get enough STH's. I'm not pointing fingers at you and any other poster, rather fans in general.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
What's pathetic is the attitude that anyone owes or owed this team anything. It's a business. One that did zero marketing and produced a ****-ty product employing ****-ty employees. An entertainment business that doesn't entertain. If you think anyone should feel obligated to buy a ****-ty product just because it exists, that's pathetic. If that's your business plan, you're even more pathetic.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sorry to hear about your hardships, but ALL markets have fans like you, and I would imagine there are other locals that have gone through what you are going through. We have a metro population of over 4 million, but we can't find 15k to attend games on a regular bases. Pathetic.

Because the team is a joke and the arena is in the middle of goddamned nowhere. It's not hard to figure out. There isn't some conspiracy of municipal water doping or chem trails drugging the people of the Phoenix metro area to make them lousy hockey fans. There isn't some inherent magic formula in Pittsburgh or Chicago that we are missing. They have good teams and play where people actually go. Both teams had miserable attendance for years. Then they started winning. There is nothing unique about our city. They put the arena in a stupid location and have run the team very poorly basically the whole time.

I know this explanation makes you feel less personally special so you have to reject it but it's the obvious truth. So please spare us your self importance.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
What's pathetic is the attitude that anyone owes or owed this team anything. It's a business. One that did zero marketing and produced a ****-ty product employing ****-ty employees. An entertainment business that doesn't entertain. If you think anyone should feel obligated to buy a ****-ty product just because it exists, that's pathetic. If that's your business plan, you're even more pathetic.

+1 .

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I for one believe that anybody who spends their time chatting with faceless individuals on an online forum about their passion for hockey in their free time is nowhere near "pathetic."

Not everybody has the means/time/or funds to be a constant in Glendale.

This forum is becoming unreadable. Nobody owes anybody **** here, including an explanation. Anybody who believes they have the right to call someone pathetic without knowing the circumstances is truly the only pathetic about this all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad