News Article: Coyotes Announce Proposed Arena Location (UPD: Spiked by ASU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It's not an announcement until I see a render, there's no legal hurdles to clear, financing is secured, and dirt starts moving.

Yeah we're pretty much at the show me don't tell me stage at this point in the game.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Definitely. We're all talked out and late in the third... third overtime, really...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

New tactic: preempt missing your old deadline by moving it back before it has even passed.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
The announcement will be announcing another announcement date.

#TwoDecadesWeeks

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The announcement could be "we're leaving"

They are NOT leaving. I'm glad he said that the announcement will be this season not two weeks or months etc. The way it sounds, most of you guys have no idea how long it takes to do a deal of this magnitude. This will be a multi million dollar complex that I believe will include much more than an arena. This might even take more than three years to complete. You guys believe what you want, but I'm going to enjoy watching the Coyotes this year and for many more years to come.:nod:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
"expect to".

If they get a 3 year extension locked in I'll calm down a lot, even without a final site started on.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. There's no agreement and with how this relationship has gone, who knows if they can even negotiate one. I guess it's good that there's an arena management company in between the two sides to referee.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I didn't take the "this season" bit as this could drag out til April.

With Anthony mentioning this now 3 times in a week, I bet we're very close.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
As the message board cynic concerning all things fan base, attendance and all that..I was there today at the luncheon.
I sat at table 14 with a fellow who was the CFO.
I heard everyone speak up close, shook every Coyote hand on the opening day roster and coaching staff and talked to each coach at length.
The place was packed (with only a one holer bathroom)
The vibe was nothing but incredibly positive.
Im going to have a problem being my cynical self after today.
That CFO guy was adamant that things are incredibly on the upside and said that the people making the plans on the new arena were working 24/7 "including Sundays"
"They get no time off" and its full steam ahead.
I'll try to give the various message boards grief (the ones left that haven't banned me) when and if the vibe in the arena makes me mad.....
Admittedly after today, I gotta tell you, these guys seem to love it here and are determined to make it work here.
I asked the CFO guy if he'd blink if I got the new location right, but he wouldn't even do that.
May not sleep tonight.
They are either great con men OR they are for real.
And every player and Coyote employee was great except one.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
For me it's more a question of competence than whether it's a con or not.

I moseyed on over to Reddit earlier and even a lot them are done with the talk as well.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe it was the Executive VP of Hockey Operations. He seems a bit curmudgeonly.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
They are NOT leaving. I'm glad he said that the announcement will be this season not two weeks or months etc. The way it sounds, most of you guys have no idea how long it takes to do a deal of this magnitude. This will be a multi million dollar complex that I believe will include much more than an arena. This might even take more than three years to complete. You guys believe what you want, but I'm going to enjoy watching the Coyotes this year and for many more years to come.:nod:

That's kind of the point, guy. If they haven't even made it far enough to talk about it, they're waaaaay behind on a massive project that will take years. We get it's a marathon and not a sprint. But the gun went off 10 minutes ago and we're still sitting at the start line, trying to figure out how to tie our shoes. We get that the marathon ain't over, but it sure doesn't look good.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
In keeping with the analogy: Let me know when you get a penalty for excessive celebration.

I already hit BoH with the Drew Stanton dance...... :naughty:

That's kind of the point, guy. If they haven't even made it far enough to talk about it, they're waaaaay behind on a massive project that will take years. We get it's a marathon and not a sprint. But the gun went off 10 minutes ago and we're still sitting at the start line, trying to figure out how to tie our shoes. We get that the marathon ain't over, but it sure doesn't look good.

That's a very good summary of it.

But they pretty much put themselves in the position of having to say something. :dunno:

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah that's what I'm saying. There's no agreement and with how this relationship has gone, who knows if they can even negotiate one. I guess it's good that there's an arena management company in between the two sides to referee.

GRA NEEDS the Coyotes, and the Coyotes need somewhere to play. Should be an easy negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad