Confirmed with Link: Coyotes add Hamilton (No, not that one) from Flames

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I see your point, but if he is a legit 13. forward, and the demand is just "you take us both, or none of us", is that really that much bad sport? It looks kinda meaningful to me.

Not one bit. 13th forwards are interchangeable. Freddie will likely not have a job in the NHL after his contract is up. Regardless of how long Dougie is signed for, the moment Freddie’s time on the team is done, then Dougie starts questioning his loyalty to the team.

Calgary gave up a bunch of pieces for Dougie and the moment his borderline NHL brother got waived he seems upset about it.

If he doesn’t man the f*** up, then it is very likely going to come back and bite Calgary.

Stay the f*** away from this loser.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Not one bit. 13th forwards are interchangeable. Freddie will likely not have a job in the NHL after his contract is up. Regardless of how long Dougie is signed for, the moment Freddie’s time on the team is done, then Dougie starts questioning his loyalty to the team.

Calgary gave up a bunch of pieces for Dougie and the moment his borderline NHL brother got waived he seems upset about it.

If he doesn’t man the **** up, then it is very likely going to come back and bite Calgary.

Stay the **** away from this loser.

Then why did the Coyotes claim him? If he is not useful, and they don't want to use him as bait?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Then why did the Coyotes claim him? If he is not useful, and they don't want to use him as bait?

You really can't be asking this. We are the team that employed:

Chipchura
Brule
Arcobello
Moss
Klinkhammer
Bolduc
O'Reilly
O'Sullivan
Halpern
Kennedy
Crombeen
McMillan
Hodgman
Szwarz
McGinn (I don't care which one)
Lombardi (second time around)

We love waiver fodder. All we can afford is waiver fodder.

By April, Hamilton will find his way onto this list.

Reactions: Yandover

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like the idea of our AHL team making a run.

No way. Keep that kid in Tucson.

It looks like that is what they are doing, and I would agree with this if we are a contending team, but we are not. We need these kids to get NHL experience this year to see what we have. You are not going to save the season with Rinaldo, Hamilton, Archibald, and Cousins dashing around the ice. These players are not the future of the Coyotes. I know we need a good mixture of vets, but not two lines of fourth liners.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
You really can't be asking this. We are the team that employed:

Chipchura
Brule
Arcobello
Moss
Klinkhammer
Bolduc
O'Reilly
O'Sullivan
Halpern
Kennedy
Crombeen
McMillan
Hodgman
Szwarz
McGinn (I don't care which one)
Lombardi (second time around)

We love waiver fodder. All we can afford is waiver fodder.

By April, Hamilton will find his way onto this list.

You're missing some of our favorites!

Holland
Pulkkinen
Jooris
Tikhonov
Plotnikov
Dustin Jeffrey

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It looks like that is what they are doing, and I would agree with this if we are a contending team, but we are not. We need these kids to get NHL experience this year to see what we have. You are not going to save the season with Rinaldo, Hamilton, Archibald, and Cousins dashing around the ice. These players are not the future of the Coyotes. I know we need a good mixture of vets, but not two lines of fourth liners.
Save the season means preserve a top 4 pick to me. I'd prefer we stage the youth. I think part of the problem is we are trying to introduce too many young guns at a time; especially given the limited coaching days. I'm not even sure expansion teams have tried this type of roster mix. I like the idea on making sure we are trying to develop the young guys already on the roster. Get the likes of Dvorak back on track.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Hey, the Tippett Coyotes made him look so good the Oil gave him a 3 year contract they had to buy out :biglaugh:

That was when I had season tickets. 109 row C. Great seats except Belanger was the #1 center and played the whole game in the defensive end. Used to piss me off so bad! Here I am in a great spot to see offense and we couldn't keep the puck in the offensive end for shit. That was the worst of my 5 seasons as a STH by far.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Save the season means preserve a top 4 pick to me.

I'm not really advocating a tank, considering the lottery odds and I'd like to see some wins to help develop our young guys. At the same time, it's going to be very difficult to stay worse than Buffalo, especially if they move Lehner soon.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^That occurred to me last night, too...I can see it now, people losing their s*** because Connauton scores on the last day of the season to move us from 31st to 30th... :laugh:

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
^That occurred to me last night, too...I can see it now, people losing their s*** because Connauton scores on the last day of the season to move us from 31st to 30th... :laugh:

Here is a question though, thinking of losing draft lotterys. After Dahlin, are the 2-5 players super seperated from each other? There was definitely a difference from McDavid/Eichel to the rest of the field... but in this draft, if the Yotes don't win number 1 but stay top 5 or so, will there be disappointment as much? (I can assume not as much haha)

And yes, I was definitely pissed about suffering through that season to see our chances of drafting higher up wasted that way. Worst of both worlds.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Here is a question though, thinking of losing draft lotterys. After Dahlin, are the 2-5 players super seperated from each other? There was definitely a difference from McDavid/Eichel to the rest of the field... but in this draft, if the Yotes don't win number 1 but stay top 5 or so, will there be disappointment as much? (I can assume not as much haha)

And yes, I was definitely pissed about suffering through that season to see our chances of drafting higher up wasted that way. Worst of both worlds.
I will be disappointed if we draft 5th. There's a drop off.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I will be disappointed if we draft 5th. There's a drop off.

I was actually legit asking because I haven't looked into the other prospects, so good to know. So top 4 is at least ok?

Still nice that we won't have to feel double the disappointment of losing the 1st AND 2nd like the McDavid/Eichel debacle. If we draft 3rd then we aren't in a large drop off from 2 I would assume? At least not like that year. Idk, lookin for some positives haha!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I was actually legit asking because I haven't looked into the other prospects, so good to know. So top 4 is at least ok?

Still nice that we won't have to feel double the disappointment of losing the 1st AND 2nd like the McDavid/Eichel debacle. If we draft 3rd then we aren't in a large drop off from 2 I would assume? At least not like that year. Idk, lookin for some positives haha!
It could be deeper than 4 if u also think Quinn’s hughes and Adam boqvist are in that same 2/3 tier. I haven’t seen enough of Bodqvist to have a strong opinion. I really like Hughes but I think there are a number of interchangeable players in that 5-10 range (ty Smith is near the top on at least one draft mag and if we are going to draft the top C we would have to consider Oliver Walstrom at 5) right now. It’s a good draft overall.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
It could be deeper than 4 if u also think Quinn’s hughes and Adam boqvist are in that same 2/3 tier. I haven’t seen enough of Bodqvist to have a strong opinion. I really like Hughes but I think there are a number of interchangeable players in that 5-10 range (ty Smith is near the top on at least one draft mag and if we are going to draft the top C we would have to consider Oliver Walstrom at 5) right now. It’s a good draft overall.

Good to hear at least. I reallly hope by some miracle the Yotes can get 1st... but at least top 4-5 will allow me to have some hope of a good player.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I feel like Martinook-Richardson-Archibald should be our 4th line. Choose ONE of Rinaldo, Cousins, or Hamilton to be the 13th forward. The other 9 roster forwards all need to be significantly better than Martinook, Richardson, and Archibald. Definitively, demonstrably better. Like no question about it. If we keep playing those guys on the 3rd line and have an entire line that's even worse than them, we'll never win any damn games. Simple as that.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I feel like Martinook-Richardson-Archibald should be our 4th line. Choose ONE of Rinaldo, Cousins, or Hamilton to be the 13th forward. The other 9 roster forwards all need to be significantly better than Martinook, Richardson, and Archibald. Definitively, demonstrably better. Like no question about it. If we keep playing those guys on the 3rd line and have an entire line that's even worse than them, we'll never win any damn games. Simple as that.

You can bet Rinaldo will play when he comes back. I'm just waiting for Hamilton to draw in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad