Confirmed with Link: Coyotes add Hamilton (No, not that one) from Flames

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It's the same shit they've done year after year with the same lack of success. Keep bringing on waiver fodder to soak up precious minutes our youth could be learning from. Put Strome on the top line and let him develop. When he makes a mistake, TEACH him not to make it again. Isn't that coaching? He has the size and skill to be an NHL player. He just needs coaching, development and Experience. The same can be said about several of our players. Put Duclair in the top six and on the PP. If you don't think he's part of the future, let him shine for a bit to up his trade value. We sure as hell don't need to give those minutes to Arcowhateverhisnameis and Rieder has had plenty of opportunities to prove he doesn't deserve that spot. Different coach, different owner, different GM and same horrible decisions on and off the ice. I tell ya, we're just cursed. Maybe the Ice Witch of Winterpeg threw a hex on the franchise on the way out of town.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
At first glance alienating Duclair was a bad move, but now that I know this was in the works it makes more sense.

Reactions: rt

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
You guys might not hate him. He's basically Josh Jooris with an actual wrister and one-time shot. Could work as a grinder/finisher across from Keller. It's a bit lofty but there's some Lee Stempniak there.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
What about something around OEL and Hamilton if Oliver indicates he wont resign?

Hamilton + Bennett + Andersson/Klyington + 2nd

For

OEL + Duke

Take Bennett out and that is not bad. Bennett is finally showing signs of being the player he was projected to be, we are not moving him.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
This year is year three of the rebuild which we screwed up big time, and all Chayka does is bring in clueless and useless players.

I think when you have a new owner, replace the coaching staff, and move/push out/don't sign veterans, it's no longer the same rebuild. We have to accept that this is a "new" rebuild.; after all, it makes sense...
Year One - semi-tank the for a semi-high pick [2017-2018]
Year Two - bring in some youth and mix with effective veterans [2018-2019]
Year Three - Bring in a few additional young players and surround with effective youth [2019-2020]
Year Four - Balance of youth and vets to compete for playoffs, possible big FA signing [2020-2021]
Year Five - Make it to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs, a few nice FA signings [2021-2022]​
Of course, that's my version of a rebuild and could be jettisoned if the team moves in the next few seasons

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Take Bennett out and that is not bad. Bennett is finally showing signs of being the player he was projected to be, we are not moving him.

Agreed. After looking at Dougies stats, and contract I think Bennett being added is too much.

This would essentially be:
OEL for Hamilton and Andersson or Klyington
Duke for a 2nd.

This would make me think if we know OEL wants out.

Hjarlmasson-Hamilton
Chychrun-Demers
Gologoski-Schenn

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
idk what u guys are talking about Freddie Hamilton is legit as hell. He has 6 NHL points and he's only 26 years old! If we lucky we could have anther Mario Kempe type player for free!

Reactions: Conor Clancey

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
idk what u guys are talking about Freddie Hamilton is legit as hell. He has 6 NHL points and he's only 26 years old! If we lucky we could have anther Mario Kempe type player for free!

What we need is a Chipchura.

tenor.gif

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Agreed. After looking at Dougies stats, and contract I think Bennett being added is too much.

This would essentially be:
OEL for Hamilton and Andersson or Klyington
Duke for a 2nd.

This would make me think if we know OEL wants out.

Hjarlmasson-Hamilton
Chychrun-Demers
Gologoski-Schenn
I really really want to see what Chychrun can do as the #1 LD before we even consider trading OEL. Obviously I'd like to retain him but if we have an idea that we'll be trading him at the draft, then we should play the **** out of Chychrun in the last 20 games or so and see what he can do.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I really really want to see what Chychrun can do as the #1 LD before we even consider trading OEL. Obviously I'd like to retain him but if we have an idea that we'll be trading him at the draft, then we should play the **** out of Chychrun in the last 20 games or so and see what he can do.
Not necessarily advocating an OEL for Dougie move, but want to mention that Hjalmarsson can also play LD.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
We never saw enough of him in Calgary to get a good impression of whether he could play at an NHL level or not. In the few games we saw he looked like a pretty average warm body for a fourth line.

If he rotates in as the 13th forward for you guys you won't be offended by his presence on the roster.

Reactions: Yandover

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Did you forget about Archibald?:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We never saw enough of him in Calgary to get a good impression of whether he could play at an NHL level or not. In the few games we saw he looked like a pretty average warm body for a fourth line.

If he rotates in as the 13th forward for you guys you won't be offended by his presence on the roster.

If you look at our roster, we already have about ten Hamilton's.

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
I dunno, guys, there's something I like about the idea of having some of our young guys win a championship with Tucson rather than continue to exist in the open, festering sewer that is the Coyotes right now.
That has always been my position for years with this team, but they have yet to do it. I would much rather see all of the kids learn how to win in the AHL, even if they are pretty much NHL ready like Perlini and Fischer, than have them learn how to lose at the NHL level. The way the Coyotes have been doing it is the same way that Edmonton did so poorly for so long. They developed in a losing environment when they could have stocked the losing roster with vets.

I will say to start out this year I thought that the team was going to be better than it has turned out, but the writing is on the wall for this season. Get the kids down on the farm winning championships and more Hamilton's and Archibald's on the roster as warm bodies in the NHL.

Reactions: cobra427 and hbk

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I think we may actually see a push to getting Dougie here and am fine with it (depending on the cost). An

OEL for Hamilton trade seems like a logical next step (of course we aren't too logical), depending on what else is involved in the package. He has 3 remaining seasons, an NTC that would probably not affect us much if we chose to move him (since we'll struggle next season as well), 3 years younger, 4 inches taller, and a righty.

I don't expect it to happen, but it would probably be a decent "change of scenery" move as well.

Free Dougie from the Smitty stares!!!

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I don’t want a guy who is refusing to sign because his borderline NHL player brother isn’t with the big club. That is a hard pass.

I see your point, but if he is a legit 13. forward, and the demand is just "you take us both, or none of us", is that really that much bad sport? It looks kinda meaningful to me.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That has always been my position for years with this team, but they have yet to do it. I would much rather see all of the kids learn how to win in the AHL, even if they are pretty much NHL ready like Perlini and Fischer, than have them learn how to lose at the NHL level. The way the Coyotes have been doing it is the same way that Edmonton did so poorly for so long. They developed in a losing environment when they could have stocked the losing roster with vets.

I will say to start out this year I thought that the team was going to be better than it has turned out, but the writing is on the wall for this season. Get the kids down on the farm winning championships and more Hamilton's and Archibald's on the roster as warm bodies in the NHL.

If this was year one or maybe year two of the rebuild, I would agree. Now in the third year of the rebuild we need less Hamilton's, Archibald's Cousins etc. I know we need a good mix of vets, but you can't have two lines of fourth liners and that is what we have. Sather said years ago, and I agree with him, was that teams have to learn to lose before they learn how to win. Don't forget, putting all these kids in the AHL does not guaranteed a winning team. Look at our AHL record the last ten years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad