Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Acquire Datsyuk and #16 for #20, #53 and Joe Vitale

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Can someone explain what actually happens with absorbing datsyuks contract? How are we not responsible for his actual salary? Without looking at his contract structure was this completely front loaded? What is he owed and what does this do for us as far as cap space and what we intend to spend? Does this take away from free agent spending and trading?

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Can someone explain what actually happens with absorbing datsyuks contract? How are we not responsible for his actual salary? Without looking at his contract structure was this completely front loaded? What is he owed and what does this do for us as far as cap space and what we intend to spend? Does this take away from free agent spending and trading?

He's retired, no money owed

ibroce

Jul 11, 2014
My big issue with moves like this and the Pronger move, is that we are intentionally gimping ourselves. We are cheating the system so that we don't have to actually pay as much money as other teams to field a roster. This is 13 million dollars nearly under the cap floor that we technically don't have to spend. Unless we are spending 60 mil+ real dollars on a roster, I don't want to watch the product on the ice.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My big issue with moves like this and the Pronger move, is that we are intentionally gimping ourselves. We are cheating the system so that we don't have to actually pay as much money as other teams to field a roster. This is 13 million dollars nearly under the cap floor that we technically don't have to spend. Unless we are spending 60 mil+ real dollars on a roster, I don't want to watch the product on the ice.

k bye.

There's basically no way they don't end up over the floor, even without Pronger and Datsyuk.

but okay.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
So what does this do to our spending this offseason?

According to Morgan, even after this trade, apparently we want another top RHD, a scoring UFA, sign Doan, and sign our RFA's.

Do we still spend to get these? If not, what do we give up?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

They should be able to. Even if they did trade to make all that happen there isn't a lot of movable money going out, so it would still cost since we wouldn't be sending much money the other way.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south

According to Morgan, even after this trade, apparently we want another top RHD, a scoring UFA, sign Doan, and sign our RFA's.

I think we can still do all of these things listed above, still.

I think this is great. I know chychrun dropped overall, but wasn't he like #3 ranked in the draft last year? He's good. Saw a mock draft yesterday that had Edmonton taking him at #4. I kind of feel like we got a steal here.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

They've got $20m in actual cash to get that done, I'm sure they can.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

My thinking is that they considered Goligoski to be the big contract flashy UFA signing that they kept promising. I am not sure that the ownership wants to spend that many real dollars in free agency.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Horrible asset management but we got a guy we wanted. Cap hit doesn't matter as we weren't going to use it anyways. Would have liked to squeeze another asset or not given up 53 instead of just saving vitale's $1.3 Million.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Let's not count ALL of our chickens before they hatch. But yeah, it's been a great month for the Coyotes

:laugh:Ju:laugh::laugh:Just poking a little well deserved fun. rt has been doing that for years, he understands.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Horrible asset management but we got a guy we wanted. Cap hit doesn't matter as we weren't going to use it anyways. Would have liked to squeeze another asset or not given up 53 instead of just saving vitale's $1.3 Million.

Our prospects are better than the Wings, so why waste a contract or two. I wouldn't want the two players that were mentioned that the Wings wanted to include in this trade

How in the heck did we acquire more D in past week than the Oilers?

:laugh:Amazing, but I think that might change soon.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How in the heck did we acquire more D in past week than the Oilers?

They are stupid and went into the draft with their pick when they should have taken the best deal on the table heading into the draft and FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad