Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Acquire Datsyuk and #16 for #20, #53 and Joe Vitale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Did you really expect anything else from HFboards?

I have no idea why some of you waste your time trying to convince and explain the trade to this poster. I don't care what others think, it's what we do that I care about. It's jealousy or stupidity or maybe in this case both, but the Coyotes had every right to do what they did. In a couple of years we won't be able to do a trade like this, but some other teams will be in the position because of their position in their rebuild.

No, its not jealousy or stupidity Jake. For some, its a feeling that their favorite team suffers by Detroit's new cap space. For others, its further evidence of damage done to Canada by the NHL by keeping the Coyotes in Arizona instead of relocating to a supposedly more worthy community up North. And for others, its just a good chance to take pot shots at Detroit, Arizona and the NHL simply because its fun to take shots.

As for me, I truly hate Detroit. At the same time I respect them to no end for how they manage their club and hope that one day the Coyotes can approach their level of expert management.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree. Taking in Datsyuk doesn't hurt us in the least, while getting rid if Vitale helps us this season. I have zero issue with parting with our 53rd overall to move up to take someone our scouts were considering 7th overall, especially when that player fills a big organizational need.

Correct, and I would rather lose the 53rd than take on two contracts of useless players that Detroit were trying to unload on us.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No, its not jealousy or stupidity Jake. For some, its a feeling that their favorite team suffers by Detroit's new cap space. For others, its further evidence of damage done to Canada by the NHL by keeping the Coyotes in Arizona instead of relocating to a supposedly more worthy community up North. And for others, its just a good chance to take pot shots at Detroit, Arizona and the NHL simply because its fun to take shots.

As for me, I truly hate Detroit. At the same time I respect them to no end for how they manage their club and hope that one day the Coyotes can approach their level of expert management.

Like I said, jealousy or stupidity.:laugh: Detroit is a very well run organization, that there is no doubt. Some Detroit posters wanted Holland to be fired claiming the "new" NHL has passed him by. Most HFboard posters really have no idea. I could say worse, but the rules don't allow.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Saw that Holland was offered one other deal:

To Florida
- Pavel Datsyuk

To Detroit
- Dave Bolland

Easy to see why he passed on that.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Did you really expect anything else from HFboards?

I have no idea why some of you waste your time trying to convince and explain the trade to this poster. I don't care what others think, it's what we do that I care about. It's jealousy or stupidity or maybe in this case both, but the Coyotes had every right to do what they did. In a couple of years we won't be able to do a trade like this, but some other teams will be in the position because of their position in their rebuild.

Indeed and like you state in a later post, most Hfboard posters have NO CLUE. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad