Post-Game Talk: Coyotes 4 - Canucks 3 OT - Baer x2, Gaudette

Do you love this team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Didn't he get just destroyed by Boogaard? I admired his spirit, if not his brains. Think that might have been the end of the NHL road for him.

Anyway, I say we take down the Yotes big time.

5-0 Canucks

Boeser x3
Virtanen
Horvat

It was John Scott that destroyed Bolduc. Definitely one of the worst beat-downs I've ever witnessed.

EDIT:

Feb 24, 2017
If the 'Yotes had any luck, they'd have none at all. Trade a couple of high former first round draft picks (Stome and Perlini) to the Hawks for high-scoring Nick Schmaltz and now he's done for the year with a knee injury.

Why is that in terms of their development, young players just seem to 'die on the desert'? Could be an ugly game tonight though. 'Yotes will dumb the game down and take away the center of the ice. And the Canucks without Pettersson coming off back-to-back goose-eggs. Two teams who can't put the puck in the ocean right now.

My prediction is 2-1 for somebody...a 'pick-em' basically.
The expression goes “If they didn’t have bad luck, they’d have no luck at all.”

Reactions: lindgren

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
I actually meant in a lol way
If your leading scorer is Brad Richardson and you’re not an expansion franchise, then you should really move your franchise to a different place.

Yeah no, definitely agreed. He's a 4th liner... a good one, but a fourth liner. Just every time I see that scoring stat and think he could still be with our team scoring in a depth role just makes me frustrated that the club gave up on him so easily.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yeah no, definitely agreed. He's a 4th liner... a good one, but a fourth liner. Just every time I see that scoring stat and think he could still be with our team scoring in a depth role just makes me frustrated that the club gave up on him so easily.
Well, he’s their second best C, won’t get as many opportunity here so the scoring will go down

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Should be a real barnburner tonight. Shame I'll miss it since I already made plans to sit in a field and watch grass grow.
Yep...have a feeling that by the time this one is in the books, hockey purists might wish they'd have "burned down the barn" before the game actually started.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Canucks need to go 5-0-1 over the rest of this month to realistically have any chance at playoffs. I said 6-2-1 in January to get to an 88 point pace which is already low.

They've lost 2 of 3. The schedule is never easier than this stretch.

Reactions: Norade and lindgren

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I haven't really been paying a whole lot of attention to things as much lately and was wondering what the hell ever happened to that little goalie situation we had about a week ago. I see nothing obvious from the thread titles on the first page and was curious how it all went down with concern to both Canucks and Utica.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks need to go 5-0-1 over the rest of this month to realistically have any chance at playoffs. I said 6-2-1 in January to get to an 88 point pace which is already low.

I dont see it..they've already played too many games...

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Even if we win 50% of our remaining games, I think we'll be bypassed by other teams with more games remaining (eg. Minnesota). I'm just going to enjoy some (future) goal scoring by EP and Brock, and let the chips fall.

Those two were kind of magical draft picks at 5th and 23rd, so.......anything can happen.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I feel like we're destined to finish in the low twenties, maybe in the 80 point range just one good stretch away from the post-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad