Coyotes 2023-24 Training Camp Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
What is the status of Michael Kesselring?

Is he going to stick with the big club?

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
The invincible man didn’t make it. I didn’t think he would. Still an excellent player and will have a long NHL career, but I think it was the right move.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
He’s been relatively invincible the games I’ve watched. I won’t count the rookie game, he should have had those points, or more.

Great prospect, but hasn’t done anything to cement himself as a sure in, that’s my opinion though and that usually doesn’t mean much haha
I kind of think he will be sent down . I think you add Kerfoot to Cooley’s line ( or Cooley and Bugstad swap) in any case I think if Guenther gets replaced on his line they won’t move him to the 4th line. You put him in the first line line in Tucson and bring him up later in the year if he excels

I do think they may try him for a few games but if he starts becoming healthy scratches they send him down .

I hope he turns on the jets for games that matter and we see a different player

I also think he is not being utilized on the PP correctly for his skill set I think he should be more on the half wall where he usually scores

But what do I know ? Lol

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I kind of think he will be sent down . I think you add Kerfoot to Cooley’s line ( or Cooley and Bugstad swap) in any case I think if Guenther gets replaced on his line they won’t move him to the 4th line. You put him in the first line line in Tucson and bring him up later in the year if he excels

I do think they may try him for a few games but if he starts becoming healthy scratches they send him down .

I hope he turns on the jets for games that matter and we see a different player

I also think he is not being utilized on the PP correctly for his skill set I think he should be more on the half wall where he usually scores

But what do I know ? Lol
I guess I could have scrolled Down and noticed he was already sent down would haves saved me typing all of that on my phone lol

Surprised Carcone made it over Guenther. Expected both to start in Tucson.

Good on Carcone though!
He is one a 1 way etc

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Guenther is talented, but I would've sent him to Tucson too. He needs big minutes in the AHL, not the NHL. He also needs at least 10 lbs of muscle. He's simply just not ready.
He was last year.. I agree with what you said though. He didn't look like the same player that he was last year. Lost confidence, better competition and he is in Tucson. Not a bad thing.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Soderstrom didn’t make it. Kinda tossing the towel on him. He’s just so unimpressive in every way. He’s not a great skater, he’s small and can’t hit, he gets knocked off the puck so easily and isn’t great positionally, and he can’t score. He just doesn’t really do anything.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Soderstrom didn’t make it. Kinda tossing the towel on him. He’s just so unimpressive in every way. He’s not a great skater, he’s small and can’t hit, he gets knocked off the puck so easily and isn’t great positionally, and he can’t score. He just doesn’t really do anything.
We had him as the 3rd best player. Never forget

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Little disappointing for sure, but he had his chance. Let's see how the season progresses. I would think he might get a call up sometime this year.

Not WE, Chayka, the smartest man in the room did.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
If the Defender isn't tall, he had better have electric offense or supreme passing skills ala Adam Fox. If not, no reason to draft in the first round.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Many such cases. (some worked out, IE Keller, some not so much clearly lol)

Hayton has turned it around, but even when he minimally showed he showed a lot more than Soderstrom. Still some hope perhaps but not a lot.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Could had Caulfield. Stupid Chayka.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Many such cases. (some worked out, IE Keller, some not so much clearly lol)

Hayton has turned it around, but even when he minimally showed he showed a lot more than Soderstrom. Still some hope perhaps but not a lot.
I get missing. It’s the trading up with extra draft capital and then being smug about it to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad