Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Roster Discussion Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Help me understand why the Canucks, in a major nosedive, would give up assets for a D on an expiring contract who could not play for them for 2 weeks??? And and he probably can't even make their lineup.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Help me understand why the Canucks, in a major nosedive, would give up assets for a D on an expiring contract who could not play for them for 2 weeks??? And and he probably can't even make their lineup.
Explain to me how you can believe Demers is the primary asset in a deal that also includes a 2nd round pick? LOL. There's a salary cap, man. :)

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Yup, Vancouver is done this year....the only way they take Demers/Goligoski is to balance salary. The other likely gets moved from a 3rd-5th separately.

Pearson for Demers, CBJ 2nd and 2022 conditional 4th (re-signing).
I like the idea of swapping Demers or Goligoski for Pearson but I wouldn't want to add a 2nd.

I'd do a 2nd alone then move the dmen on their own for 2nd-4th. I also bet that Benning does not think they're done. A 1 for 1 swap might be possible.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You want to give up even more picks for Hall?

I think I like the Demers/Pearson idea better. Vancouver liked Demers a few years ago (wouldn't waive his NTC from Florida to go there) but that is expired and maybe they still like him. I don't want rentals but I don't mind swapping one UFA to be for another. Their caps are almost identical too.
Well I like Hall and awful lot more than Pearson.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Explain to me how you can believe Demers is the primary asset in a deal that also includes a 2nd round pick? LOL. There's a salary cap, man. :)
Read Mosby's post right before mine. Pearson is an asset, Demers isn't right now.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Interesting. Are all conditional picks gone now, or just ones based on resigning? Can we still do conditions based on playoff births, and round qualifications, etc?

just based on re-signing are scrapped

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
No GDT thread yet. Was this game on the original schedule or was it shuffled around?

If you look at the standings this is a big one. It's gonna be hard to get a playoff spot in this division.

@SniperHF

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I wouldn't make any major moves unless it's for a bonafide 1C.

With Dvorak, Garland, Schmaltz and Keller we have a good core. We need Hayton to develop into a top 6 forward. And we also need one more scoring top 6 winger.

We need to rebuild the right side of the defense as well.

If this all happens by next season we could be a pretty good team. If all the young guys continue to get better and we also add a 2nd/3rd line tweener we could be a really good team.
I'm not sold on Keller and Schmaltz. Too soft. If we can move one of them in a package to get Tkachuk, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I just want Taylor Hall back. I thought I’d be over this by now. I’m not over it. I’ve moved on from long term romantic relationships way faster. I just love Taylor Hall. I can’t help it.
If we can trade Keller for something and give Hall that annual salary at less years I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Hey guys, was hoping you could give me some feedback on Chychrun, how do you see him projecting in the future ? 60 + point guy ? I've seen his junior hilights and his wrist shot, one timer and wheels were very noticeable, I feel like he could hit the 60+ point mark in a regular season with his talent, but I don't get to see him much. How is he developing ?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys, was hoping you could give me some feedback on Chychrun, how do you see him projecting in the future ? 60 + point guy ? I've seen his junior hilights and his wrist shot, one timer and wheels were very noticeable, I feel like he could hit the 60+ point mark in a regular season with his talent, but I don't get to see him much. How is he developing ?
He’s a 1D today.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I like this forward core.

Garls-Schmaltz-Keller
Crouse-Dvo-Hayton
Johnny Famiglia-Jenik-Maccelli

I'm ok with Schmaltz as a low end 1C because I view Dvo as a very high end 2C and I could still see Hayton becoming that Bergeron type 1C later on down the line. I'd be ok upgrading Schmaltz somewhere too. I'm also keeping Crouse. For what he does well, he'd be hard to replace.

Chych-xxx
OEL-xxx
Soderstrom-Bush

We need a couple of solid SAH guys that aren't liabilities to allow Chych & OEL to do what they do best.

Too early to tell the goalie situation yet. I like Prosvetov and Hill but they both need more seasoning.

As for roster moves, sign me up for Goose/Demers for Pearson. Prefer to keep the picks though. Need to stock the cupboards. No thanks to Hall.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
As far as we can tell, Chychrun is a top 30 D with very real potential to be top 10. He’s having a great year and looks unbelievably confident (most nights). 60pts might be a stretch for regular production but I could see him eclipsing 60 a few times in his career. Kids a stud.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
As far as we can tell, Chychrun is a top 30 D with very real potential to be top 10. He’s having a great year and looks unbelievably confident (most nights). 60pts might be a stretch for regular production but I could see him eclipsing 60 a few times in his career. Kids a stud.
Awesome, yeah he passes the eye test from what I've seen, thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig