Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Roster Discussion Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale
Morgan mentioned in his latest article about how adding a true center for the third line would help take some of Dvo's heavy minutes off of him. Dvo was averaging 20 minutes in the St. Louis series and RT tried to reduce them the past three games but he still averaged over 19. Morgan also mentioned having a center who can take left circle faceoffs would help tremendously as that's where our centers struggle. It all sounded too specific to not be influenced from some rumbling he has heard. That 31 Thought snippet seems aligned to this too.

I also love how quickly winning helps the media move on from stories or narratives. 31 Thought guys are now talking about team make up rather than the "controversy". The last line about AM is interesting too though haha. Wonder if he is leveraging the Yotes to get the license to capitalize on it and then become a minority owner.

we’d have to see how these licenses work. From what I’ve heard it sounds like the licenses will be directly given to the sports teams themselves (yotes, cards, suns, dbacks)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think you just make the point to the Sabres that if they don't start winning some games then Jack Eichel is going to leave. Antti Raanta helps them win more games than Brandon Montour goes.
How does Raanta help any team from his hospital bed? I don't see any team wanting Raanta. He's played three games this year and now is injured again. He also has a lousy GA .902%.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Montour had a really rough season last year. He was really bad. Not sure how he's played so far. But Buffalo fans were eager to be rid of him this off-season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Montour's best cast scenario is average Oesterle at this point. Not something worth trading for unless you really like the personality fit and the cost is low.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
As to trading Hayton, well, the Coyotes are known for foolish moves. He's a possible 1C with a 12-15 year career in front of him. Certainly a 2C. He's 20 years old. I can only assume that the very knowledgeable posters positing this ridiculous move are posting it for shits and giggles.
I lean toward this, but anyone is available for the right return.

Reactions: Jakey53

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Threw this together based on this season thus far, thought it was reason to be optimistic about the team's current contract situation and future.

upload_2021-2-23_19-48-14.png

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Montour's best cast scenario is average Oesterle at this point. Not something worth trading for unless you really like the personality fit and the cost is low.
I wonder why his PP mins were slashed completely so early in Buffalo. He seemed like a legit PP weapon in Anaheim. I’m not too terribly intrigued but he was once a D who could actually get a hard shot through and actually on goal on the PP once upon a time ago.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Fan of both teams. I want no part of Montour in AZ. He's just not good. Too many defensive lapses, too many turnovers.

Reactions: Grimes

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Does Buffalo have any extra centers now that Cozens made the big game? Maybe the 31 Thoughts guys just heard we have connections to Buffalo and have also heard that Montour is available?

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Is Tage Thompson still considered a centre? Or more of a wing these days? I wouldn’t mind adding someone like that where there is still interesting growth potential. But not really interested in a rental vet like Pearson.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Is Tage Thompson still considered a centre? Or more of a wing these days? I wouldn’t mind adding someone like that where there is still interesting growth potential. But not really interested in a rental vet like Pearson.

Does Buffalo have any extra centers now that Cozens made the big game? Maybe the 31 Thoughts guys just heard we have connections to Buffalo and have also heard that Montour is available?
Not really. We brought in Eric Staal and Cody Eakin to play center (both of whom have been average to below average.) Still have Mittelstadt in the system who is a true center, but whose development has really stagnated. He'd be a good target as a reclamation for us. He's got a ton of skill, just needs a good kick in the ass. Also, Reinhart could play center if needed and can drive a line himself, but just looks better on Jack's wing (that convo is a whole to do).

Re: Thompson - He's a pure winger. I and the organization are quite high on him still. He's been one of the most improved players this season. Would take something savvy to pry him.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Another game with no Demers! Gotta think a trade or something could be brewing. What do you realistically think we could get for him right now?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Three top 90 picks between Hammer, Demers, Goligoski has to be the goal. If Brassard gets hot, someone might call for him.

Oesterle needs to be signed because he's good middle depth and the team needs to meet exposure requirements. Bush is also trending towards another year.

I want them to trade Demers tomorrow so the temptation to hold him for a playoff run isn't there.

Reactions: 0point1

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
There's been some chatter that Eichel could get traded, I think it's unlikely but I think we could be in on it. STL became a cup contender after acquiring ROR from BUF. I wonder if BA would look to replicate that.

ROR fetched Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thompson, a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, and a second-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.

Hayton, Schmaltz, Fischer 2021 2nd, 2021 3rd (from a Goose/Demers trade) and 2022 1st is a similar built deal but with better assets.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not really expecting a busy deadline. Probably Demers and Goligoski. Maybe Raanta if healthy. Can’t imagine anyone wants the forwards we’d want to move.

Get some upper/middle picks for that group of players. Better part is their removal opens up 15 million for Army to remake this thing.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Yes, Prosvetov needs to be the RR’s #1 but the other two RR goalies are Nell and LaCouvee. They’re PTOs not prospects. Tendeck was getting games with the Rush. Hill is rotting in the press box. So if the Coyotes have one NHL goalie already not getting time in the net why add another? Companionship? I can’t imagine Tendeck would have to go to ECHL to NHL just to be allowed to land in the AHL.
So apparently Raanta is recovering from another “upper body” injury per tonight’s radio broadcast. Nothing listed on Capfriendly which is why Tendeck to Taxi Squad was confusing. Sounds like Kuemper just got a “lower body” injury tonight. So Hill and Tendeck then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad