Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
^ Could see that, or with Krejci retiring BOS circles back.
Dvorak for DeBrusk + Studnicka + 2022 1st
It seems like we could do better than that…but we could also then turn around and trade a 1st and a 2nd + Hayton for Eichel. A guy can dream right…

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
In The Box - July 30, 2021 - Hour 4

I haven’t listened yet. But apparently a good source is saying Brannstrom could be traded for a player that helps them today. They may want a center.

Brannstrom is an NHL player and is four years younger than Dvorak, and a year younger than Timmins.

I could see BA being excited about this concept:

Keller-*Wright*-Guenther

Chychrun-Timmins
Brannstrom-Soderstrom

Prosvetov

^ I don’t want to trade Dvorak for Brannstrom. But I could absolutely see it happening.

Doubt they talk to us after we sent them a center that could play in Derek Stepan.

Brannstrom makes me think though. I also like a lot of the defensemen in the top ten this year and we are so weak on center. If Hayton or Jenik make it on the roster out of camp and hold their own then maybe revisit midyear? Wouldn't be disappointed though

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I wonder if O'Brien will be a Coyote and not a Roadrunner? Maybe carry 14 forwards, at least at the start of the season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Listened. I think this is the dude who called Stepan to Ottawa a week prior. He’s half joking half not on a lot of it. Trying to be cagey. Said that he expects the Sens to add one opening night forward. Likely a center. See Brannstrom as the trade bait. Says GMs like to deal with the same GMs (familiarity, creatures of habit) and he thinks Brannstrom is the guy to watch from a trade prospective. Predicts he won’t be on the opening night roster because he’ll be traded.

Overall, pretty flimsy sounding. But Dvo would check every single box if the dude wasn’t just bluffing.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I forgot Capobianco had a one way deal. Can’t imagine we’re gonna be thrilled paying him 850k to play in Tucson.

Maybe we ship him out for an overpaid LD plus a pick?

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Is brannstrom even considered blue chip anymore? I feel like he was at the time of the mark stone trade but he hasn’t really taken that next step. Also I feel like we need a center prospect in a Dvorak trade

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
[QUOTE="cobra427, post: 179691096, member: 161695"It could be record year for futility, hope I am wrong. We have to be the heavy favorite for worst team in the NHL.[/QUOTE]

You mean in the history of the NHL. We are getting to Thrashers bad. Can we beat there 2000 season, BA hold my bear

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

I haven’t listened yet. But apparently a good source is saying Brannstrom could be traded for a player that helps them today. They may want a center.

Brannstrom is an NHL player and is four years younger than Dvorak, and a year younger than Timmins.

I could see BA being excited about this concept:

Keller-*Wright*-Guenther

Chychrun-Timmins
Brannstrom-Soderstrom

Prosvetov

^ I don’t want to trade Dvorak for Brannstrom. But I could absolutely see it happening.
Brannstrom does not get Dvorak 1 for 1.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Bruins fan here I think were gonna dance together again in regards to Dvorak. Bruins need a 2 C. Dvorak fits the bill. Donny and BA were known to be chatting about this before. I think they revisit. Should be interesting next week ahead I believe.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Bruins fan here I think were gonna dance together again in regards to Dvorak. Bruins need a 2 C. Dvorak fits the bill. Donny and BA were known to be chatting about this before. I think they revisit. Should be interesting next week ahead I believe.

What do you add to Studnicka and a 1st?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I believe debrusk and Dvorak numbers are quite identical career wise also age. If we added a 2nd I think its pretty fair . Its how you value your assets I guess.
You are not asking about Dvorak so he can play a middle 6 winger role, right?
Offensive numbers may be similar but the rest of their game really isn't. I take the 200 foot, high IQ centre that wins face offs, is good at getting the puck out of his zone and has offense upside.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I believe debrusk and Dvorak numbers are quite identical career wise also age. If we added a 2nd I think its pretty fair . Its how you value your assets I guess.

DeBrusk is a replacement level winger, which makes him about as useful as a second asshole at his caphit. Dvorak is a two way center who can win faceoffs and is cost controlled. Even if we pretend their respective opportunities were the same re: offense, Dvorak is the much more valuable asset. That's why you're trading for him.

It does not help that the Bruins have made their feelings about DeBrusk clear, and the Coyotes love Dvorak/have no reason to move him unless the return is outstanding. AZ fans got shouted down when we said Garland was worth a top 10 pick or equivalent and then shouted down again when we insisted Kuemper would return a first.

Bill Armstrong has this under control. He's going to get a top prospect or just keep the player. He hasn't done a single illogical thing so far this offseason. I doubt he's about to start when it comes time to deal a player that is actually critical to the on ice performance of the team.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Ones a LW and ones a center. I think he is an interesting add to see what Tourigny could get out of him and him getting to play in the top 6 here. But feels like a slight dump for a guy who may have run his course in Boston. I made a post of Studnicka+DeBrusk+ 1st I think that's close enough but don't love it. We'll see if that's enough soonish I guess.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
DeBrusk is a replacement level winger, which makes him about as useful as a second asshole at his caphit. Dvorak is a two way center who can win faceoffs and is cost controlled. Even if we pretend their respective opportunities were the same re: offense, Dvorak is the much more valuable asset. That's why you're trading for him.

It does not help that the Bruins have made their feelings about DeBrusk clear, and the Coyotes love Dvorak/have no reason to move him unless the return is outstanding. AZ fans got shouted down when we said Garland was worth a top 10 pick or equivalent and then shouted down again when we insisted Kuemper would return a first.

Bill Armstrong has this under control. He's going to get a top prospect or just keep the player. He hasn't done a single illogical thing so far this offseason. I doubt he's about to start when it comes time to deal a player that is actually critical to the on ice performance of the team.
Agree with everything except debrusk isn't chicken feed scored 27 goals. Only 24. Hes worth something and not a dump . If I add 2nd and 3rd pick or something with him it should perk Armstrong ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad